THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TonyT

is one Smokin' Farker
The other week I had an impromptu BBQ breakfast that my housemates loved. Found a day where all of us (5 in the house + 3 work friends) have the morning off and thought we'd go round 2, but this time a little more breakfast oriented than ribs and pork loin, sort of... :wink:

5:30am Getting things rolling outside

While inside...

First up: Fatty (one to be used in some chili later this week) and Slap Yo Daddy instant mashed potato meatloaf and bacon (http://www.slapyodaddybbq.com/2013/09/syd-easy-bbq-meatloaf/)

Ground beef, one fatty, BBQ sauce, egg and instant mashed potatoes

The end result:

Oh yea, and a first try at one of these, courtesy of our guests. Little worried, but took a brethren's advice to try the Spade & L.

Little reverse sear on the WSM

Very juicy

Had to sample before serving, tasted great! Next time I might use more rub to get a better crust. Went pretty light since it was the first time using this rub.

IMG_2654_zpsydttxt0b.jpg

And another sample. Can't believe I waited this long to cook a tri tip

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Jeanie! I think this is going to turn into a monthly thing. Always fun to start the day with friends and food

Back