Lonestar Grills Offset Cabinet Smoker

CAKDAWN

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone out here could give some insight on one of these lonestar offset cabinet smokers. Been looking at them for a while now. It between that or a lang 48 patio.

I have the large LSG inslated Cabinet smoker. I went from a stick burner and have never regretted it. Everything LSG builds is above top of the line. My cabinet smoker is super easy to run and maintains a very even temp from top to bottom. Super long cook times on a single load of charcoal and wood chunks. And one of the best parts for myself and many others - NO MORE BABYSITTING. Set it, load it and your done. Hope this help

I have their offset cabinet smoker. I picked it up this fall and have only used it a few times but I am very pleased with it. Yes, it requires tending every 20-30 minutes but it holds temps very well.

I have their offset cabinet smoker. I picked it up this fall and have only used it a few times but I am very pleased with it. Yes, it requires tending every 20-30 minutes but it holds temps very well.

Curious about the offset cabinet. I really like the side hinged door. Removes the effort of lifting regular offset. Plus tons of room.

What's been your experience with temperature variance top to bottom?

Also, 20-30 min seems a little frequent to tend to the fire. Would have thought it would be more like every hr?

Thanks for the info.

Thank you for the input. Never thought tk look at the insulated cabinet smokers. Ilm check them out. On you offset cabinet, does it hold consistant temp across the grate?

Curious about the offset cabinet. I really like the side hinged door. Removes the effort of lifting regular offset. Plus tons of room.

What's been your experience with temperature variance top to bottom?

Also, 20-30 min seems a little frequent to tend to the fire. Would have thought it would be more like every hr?

Thanks for the info.

It holds temps very well. Mine runs comfortable between 225 and 250 degrees.
As far as tending the fire - I make my splits pretty small in diameter because I use them in my wood oven also. Larger splits might be longer between adding; I don’t know. When I’m smoking something I’m puttering around the yard or in the outdoor kitchen doing something anyway so frequent tending isn’t an issue.
If I need to set it and forget it I cook on my BGE.

Back