Inkbird probe just started reading 30deg too high??

Bc3

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have the Inkbird 4 probe wifi unit and using it for the first time today.

Half way through my smoke one of the probes started to read very high. I moved the probe over to another connection and the problem followed it. It reads 30 to 40 degrees too high. I took the probe out and made sure it was Clean and the wire had no defects. It worked ok for the first 8 hours..i was using it with the included clip to measure pit temperature.

What now? Thanks!

Have you tested in water at boiling point? Or have you moved it to a different port to see if its the port or the probe?

Agree with Titch since it's new.

I have one, it gets kinda flakey, mostly on the pit temp probe, but not consistently.
My inkbird sous vide circulator is getting flakey now as well.
I have it running at the moment. Just checked, it's running 10* above the set point and as I was watching, the readout was fluctuating +/- 5*.
Both have had a fair amount of use and are out of warranty, I'll probably spend a bit more $$ on their replacements.

I checked all the probes before starting ..boil and ice bath. All probes were off by 2 degrees and adjusted. I sent Inkbird an email. The one probe i used for pit temp is the one that flaked out and it had same problem when moved to another port.

Agree with Titch since it's new.

I have one, it gets kinda flakey, mostly on the pit temp probe, but not consistently.
My inkbird sous vide circulator is getting flakey now as well.
I have it running at the moment. Just checked, it's running 10* above the set point and as I was watching, the readout was fluctuating +/- 5*.
Both have had a fair amount of use and are out of warranty, I'll probably spend a bit more $$ on their replacements.

I wanted to post an update regarding my comment about my sous vide circulator.

I disassembled the unit, found some very minor lime build-up, so I soaked it overnight in vinegar.
That seems to have solved the temp issues,
but it still made intermittent noises.
I disassembled again and found the impeller was slightly loose.
I tightened the screw, reassembled and it is currently running nearly silently and on temp.

I do have a brand new Anova unit staring at me now...

Back