Austin Smokeworks Announcemt

Dang! I just spent my pennies on a generator and wiring. I thought they decided not to build for a couple more years. It's definitely pricey!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Click on the shop tab and then build your own. Nice pictures there.

The picture for the "backyard model" is a 250 gallon double door smoker, while the "backyard model" is described as a single door 120 gallon smoker.

Hopefully they'll update that sooner than later so people can see what they're buying. Overall price seems about right for the kind of quality expected from ASW, so we'll see what happens and if anyone jumps on board.

I think it looks good except for that base, and I doubt that's what they wind up using. We'll see if has a square insulated firebox instead of this one that's rounded. Maybe this one has an inner firebox tube like the Franklin? Who knows? If I hadn't bought the Franklin pit I'd be looking really hard at this one.

Not bad, but that Shirley that was making the rounds this past couple weeks looks better to me.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they are getting 150 gallon tanks. Was there a couple of weeks ago but I didn’t think to look around. Jimbo was a great guy to talk to.

If you received the email, there is a pic of the first pit being built:
rs=w:600

It is a 120 with square insulated firebox.

I like the size of this a lot. Fat Stack is the other 120 gallon I've been watching.

I like the size of this a lot. Fat Stack is the other 120 gallon I've been watching.

Did I read somewhere that Fat Stack is selling reservations for their new one, but they aren't starting production in the new facility until end of 2022 and deliveries early 2023?

Did I read somewhere that Fat Stack is selling reservations for their new one, but they aren't starting production in the new facility until end of 2022 and deliveries early 2023?

That is correct. I know that bothered a lot of people but I don’t see how $500 down with a 14 month lead time is worse than 100% down for a 6 month lead like Workhorse does. And to be clear I’m ok with both.

I preordered a fatstack 120. The discount over the final price (which I’m betting will end up higher if steel prices keep rising) was worth it for me personally.

That is correct. I know that bothered a lot of people but I don’t see how $500 down with a 14 month lead time is worse than 100% down for a 6 month lead like Workhorse does. And to be clear I’m ok with both.

I preordered a fatstack 120. The discount over the final price (which I’m betting will end up higher if steel prices keep rising) was worth it for me personally.

That's awesome and I'm excited for you! That Fatstack 120 looked incredible and is coming in at a fantastic price. t I'm one of those people who doesn't do very well with patience. I was 100% in on a 120 until I saw the build date...what really turned me off was late 2022 OR early 2023. In my experience (not necessarily just with smokers) that could easily escalate to mid-late 2023 or even further.

That being said I really hope it comes earlier rather than later for you. Good stuff and I can't wait to see how people are liking these once a lot of people get their hands on them. I respect Jeremy Yoder's opinion (Mad Scientist BBQ) but it's always nice to see and hear the experience of others.

That's awesome and I'm excited for you! That Fatstack 120 looked incredible and is coming in at a fantastic price. t I'm one of those people who doesn't do very well with patience. I was 100% in on a 120 until I saw the build date...what really turned me off was late 2022 OR early 2023. In my experience (not necessarily just with smokers) that could easily escalate to mid-late 2023 or even further.

That being said I really hope it comes earlier rather than later for you. Good stuff and I can't wait to see how people are liking these once a lot of people get their hands on them. I respect Jeremy Yoder's opinion (Mad Scientist BBQ) but it's always nice to see and hear the experience of others.

Totally get it! It’s honestly not kept me from being in the market for something sooner. The market is so hot I wouldn’t mind getting something else AND the fatstack and selling whichever I like less at that point. With these lead times I’d get my money right back…

Just saw this posted on their IG page. $3995 and taking order for first of year

51ff7c5f6f68964b4cec2e0ade816b4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s quick! I don’t see anything about a wagon package sadly. That’s essential for me. Also says it comes with the black paint and the website gives no indication of other options. I much prefer a raw or patina look

Back