DerHusker

Babbling Farker
After searching the web, trying to figure out what to make for the “Tubesteak & Sauceagefest” Throwdown, I settled on doing a salute to my (mostly) German heritage. A Sausage Platter with Rotkohl, German Potato Salad and a couple of soft pretzels with mustard. First I made the German Potato Salad. Here are most of the ingredients:

Boiling the potatoes. (Look at the Jasmine blooming on the back fence. Beautiful!)

After they were cooked I placed them in an ice bath to stop the cooking and make peeling easier.

After they were cool and dry I diced them and added all the other dry ingredients.

Then I took 4 slices of bacon, diced and then cooked them. I used the bacon grease to help reheat the potato salad and reserved the crumbles.

I combined the water, vinegar and sugar and brought to a boil. I then whisked in 1 beaten egg and pour this over the reheating potato salad and stirred.

Also made some Rotkohl (German Red Cabbage) Here are the ingredients:

• 2 pounds red cabbage, very thinly sliced
  • 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
  • 1 large Granny Smith or other semi-tart apple, peeled, cored and diced
  • ¼ cup butter (paleo: use grass fed or oil, vegans: use oil)
  • 2 tablespoons [ame][URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp...r.com/8768/17155750467_1f419276bc_z.jpg[/IMG]

Cooked the onions

and the added the cabbage.

After 5 minutes I added the balance of the ingredients.

And then let it simmer for 1.5 hours.

Got out the Weisswurst, Knackwurst and the Bratwurst.

I then took my 13” C.I. skillet and melted in 1/2 stick of butter.

and threw in 1 sliced up onion.

After the onions had caramelized in carefully poured in a beer.

I then placed in the bratwurst, Weisswurst and Knackwurst

and move it over to the indirect side and let them cook.

Here is everything plated with some soft pretzels and a good German beer about to be poured into my favorite stein.

And here is the money shot below.

Das wunderbar! :becky:

Looks like a great dinner, and thank for sharing the recipes, they sound delicious!

I checked out T & H Prime meats too, looks like they have some fantastic products, wish we had a place like that in these parts.

KC

Last edited:
Outstanding feast!
tens.gif

Throw Down?

After searching the web, trying to figure out what to make for the “Tubesteak & Sauceagefest” Throwdown, I settled on doing a salute to my (mostly) German heritage. A Sausage Platter with Rotkohl, German Potato Salad and a couple of soft pretzels with mustard.

Hi Is there a link to the Throw Down?
Thx DanB

Back