High Plains Chicken... Lickin'?

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So, I got this box full of stuff from JQHigginsIII in the recent Trade Round #56...

8JvdFQfl.jpg

Inside, he included a note telling me about the contents, especially about one sauce mixture from Charlie Mills.

Awdkig4l.jpg

I've never seen a sauce mixture like this, but it makes perfect sense to me. Just buy a gallon of apple cider vinegar, pour a bit out of the jug, add the spice mixture, and shake!

So, that's exactly what I did. It's amazingly close in flavor to the Lexington Barbecue "Dip" that they dress the 'cue with just before service. It's delicious! No wonder you like this stuff so much, Allen!

So, being at home with a sick munchkin, we decided to have barbecue chicken for dinner. While cooking lunch, I discovered the Chiavetta's from MadMan... and the idea of a chicken "competition" (of sorts) was born.

ozmyfnQh.jpg

We've also got a couple of thighs in SPOG as a control group, and also as a back-up in the event that our munchkin finds the other two too spicy.

rRDF7zzh.jpg

I know I'm not giving the bird a full 24 hours to marinate, but we'll try to go for a solid 5 before they visit my kettle & vortex combo.

Considering sauce options (if any) as a glaze... but that's not a deal breaker.

More to follow. This should be fun and delicious...

Here's the SPOG-coated thighs after their trip through the kettle:

dSBh5Boh.jpg

The Chiavettas and Charlie Mills shared a pasta bowl. Look at the amazing "ear" of skin on some on those thighs. Oh, mama! That's crispy goodness! CINCHOUSE declared that the Charlie Mills skin took the trophy.

oCiL6fYh.jpg

I'll always enter this kind of "competition!"

Judge's Plate:

mW8cR3Xh.jpg

I highly suggest the Charlie Mills not only as a mop sauce, but as a marinade. Both were very tasty, but that Eastern NC flavor...

Thank you, Allen and Bob! Couldn't have made this dinner without you gents.

If you ever need another judge...
Nothing at all wrong with that cook. Hope it made munchkin feel better.

It all looks great and your review is appreciated.Fall "Maters" are the BOMB!Corn looks Tastee and the chicken looks DIVINE!:thumb:

Back