THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KevGuy

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Kevin
I don’t know how new this charcoal is to this forum, but according to the YouTube channel Flying Smoke there is a new Lump Charcoal available out of Georgia called Lumberjack.

They offer free shipping, but in my opinion it’s expensive; $34.99 USD for 15.44 lbs. That’s more than $2 USD/lb.

It is mix of 3 grades of European Hardwood: Oak – 60%, Alder – 20%, Birch – 20%.

Not available for international shipping, USA only.

Their webpage is here.

Flying Smoke review is here.

Last edited:
I thought it interesting that the first recommended cooker was Primo. I really don’t see that too often and I try a lot of different coals. There have been recent changes at Primo but their HQ when I purchased mine was Tucker GA. I filed my warranty request via Empire in Illinois. No big deal it went fine. Interesting story on a Primo a couple years back it’s origin and owner

https://www.tuckerga.gov/newsletter_page_T54_R334.php

Received a response: This is not an entity of our company, so I cannot give you any information on this product.

That’s crap!!!

Wouldn’t try the “lumberjack charcoal” if they were handing it out on the street corner...

I thought it interesting that the first recommended cooker was Primo. I really don’t see that too often and I try a lot of different coals. There have been recent changes at Primo but their HQ when I purchased mine was Tucker GA. I filed my warranty request via Empire in Illinois. No big deal it went fine. Interesting story on a Primo a couple years back it’s origin and owner

https://www.tuckerga.gov/newsletter_page_T54_R334.php

That is so strange, that the 'Big Three', BGE, Primo, and Kamado Joe, are all located in, or around, Atlanta.

That’s crap!!!

Wouldn’t try the “lumberjack charcoal” if they were handing it out on the street corner...

What are you? The trademark police? Get a grip. The word "lumberjack" has been in use since 1831 and used for a variety of products. Lumberjack is hardly unique or an invention of a single company.

I think they're a foreign company. They posted in a FB group I'm in. I posted "Great I love your pellets, can I buy the lump from the same dealers"? Answer was NO. Then they liked a bunch of my public posts and sent me a friend request. :noidea:

I think they're a foreign company. They posted in a FB group I'm in. I posted "Great I love your pellets, can I buy the lump from the same dealers"? Answer was NO. Then they liked a bunch of my public posts and sent me a friend request. :noidea:

Drop the the pellets thing idea for god’s sake.

@KevGuy

Seems like a reasonable line of questioning to me.
We know Lumberjack pellets are reputable, and here Lumberjack lump appears out of nowhere.
Lumberjack pellets disavows any knowledge of them, Yet we’re supposed to buy into them?

Back