4 bean Turkey Chili Again

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I picked up 2 lb. of 98% fat free ground turkey breast the other day. I made some more of the 4 bean Turkey Chili I made a month ago with it but this time it was virtually free of points. (Only 1 WW Purple point)
I diced up all the onions and peppers, mixed up the spices. Here are most of the ingredients.

1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 lb. Pounds 98/7 Lean Ground Turkey
½ Yellow Onion (Diced)
½ Red Onion (Diced)
I Poblano Pepper (Diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic
1 6 Oz. Can Diced Green Chiles
1 15 Oz. Can Corn
1 15 Oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
1 15 Oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 15 Oz. Can Chili Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Black Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 15 Oz. Cannellini Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp. Chili Power
1 Tsp. Cumin
½ Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
½ Tsp. Chipotle Pepper Power
½ Tsp. Black Pepper
½ Tsp. White Pepper
½ Tsp. Salt
¼ Tsp. Cinnamon
I got out my enameled Dutch oven and placed the OO. I put it on the side burner of my Gasser. I put the Turkey in once it was heated up.

I cooked it until just slightly brown.

Once the veggies had softened,

I added in the spices and rest of the ingredients.

and mixed everything together.

I brought this to a boil and then covered. I turned the burner to low and let the chili simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Here it is after cooking.

Here it is in a bowl, garnished with onion, cilantro, some lime and some Non-Fat Greek yogurt.

This was delicious and only 1 point per serving. (A serving = 1 cup. This was a large bowl, so it was a double serving so 2 points) Eating like this makes me forget I'm losing weight.

Thanks for looking.

That looks great. Specially with polar event that's winding down in these parts. With fuel cost factor of Nat gas added in to electric bills automatically Texians may be eating lots of bean dishes.

That looks absolutely delicious and no doubt my wife would agree (she is a hard sell sometimes). I can see it in the near future. Thanks for the recipe.

Thanks...am saving this recipe since my daughter eats more turkey than red meat and my wife loves making chilis and stews.

Back