Mother’s Day Cook on Mothers Kettle

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My Mother in Law had an old Weber kettle sitting on her deck that she just gave to me. I posted some pics of it in a thread called “Is this a Weber”. John Setzler confirmed it and provided a link showing it was made in 1988. It was not in great condition but not bad either. So for Mother’s Day I asked what my 88 year old MIL wanted and she wanted chicken breasts and corn on the cob. I made it so with my new old kettle.

First I seasoned the chicken breasts with some rub my wife gave me for Christmas. (Good stuff)

I set it up for some two zone cooking with some lump charcoal. I placed a loaded chimney on the gas burner to start and then let it get going real good.

And poured in the hot coals.

Placed in the corn and the chicken, covered and let Mr. Kettle do his thing.

These Zucchini are from my garden. I sliced them up and placed them in a foil pouch with some EVOO, fresh ground pepper and some fresh ground Garlic sea salt.

After the corn and chicken had cooked a good while I placed the Zucchini pouch on.

Here are the plated shots.

It was good!
smile.png

Good looking cook, DerHusker! And way to keep the MIL happy! :wink:

You already have zucchini from your garden? That size? Wow. Meal looks good, simple but tasty. Extra points for love you showed your MIL. :becky:

That's what I was thinking, fresh zuks on Mother's Day?

Californ I A!

Looks really good and amazing how that kettle has held up.

You already have zucchini from your garden? That size? Wow. Meal looks good, simple but tasty. Extra points for love you showed your MIL. :becky:
Thanks Kathy. Yes I'm already harvesting zucchini. We've had some nice, hot sunny days here in San Diego county to really kick start my garden.

Back