Thermometers

Duner733

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
What is the life expectenancy of these items?
I have a double probe thermometer where I replace the probes about two years ago or about 15 uses. I have the original thermometer on the Weekender.

Do these start giving wrong numbers after time?

I am currently doing one turkey this year. The weekender read about 30 degrees higher than my oven probe.

I almost believe my weekender as my turkey is getting done a bit earlier than expected. Still looks great but I am starting to lose confidence in either of these guages.

Any thoughts or suggestions going foward?

Dan

I've not found there's a normal life span on thermometers the thermocoil typically works until it doesn't no digital is a whole nother game.

That said oven temps are notoriously bad... Easy answer is drop your thermo in some boiling water and see what it says will give you a good idea if it's the probe or not.

I have multiple items from ThermoWorks, they all seem to last for many years. For accuracy test, you can do boiling water, and ice water to check high and low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Most of have mine have failed completely , but I have had Mavericks give false readings in the past. I'd do a boiling water test, because that's closer to real cooking temps.

Back