iGrill2

noclss2000

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Was curious if anyone has messed with these. I had a cheap 1 probe wireless thermometer that died on me part way through my smoke this morning and when at lowes looking for a replacement, i saw the igrill2 and picked it up.
This guy has room for 4 probes, it came with 2 and my probe from my old thermometer works, so I have 3. However, using one of the probes for a smoker temp range, it appears the probe shows the temp is about 30 degrees higher than what my river country thermometer says. They're both probing the same general area. I'm curious as to which one might be off. If it was a few degrees it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but 30 seems like a big difference.

Take your iGrill and put a probe into either boiling water or a glass of ice water and see what it registers. Not sure if you can calibrate it or not.

When I had it in my house, it registered 76, which is what the house thermostat says. I know the river country thermometer can be calibrated. Maybe the river country is that far off

I have an iGrill2 for a couple years now and I don't think you can calibrate it. On mine, 3 ports are perfectly accurate, the remaining port I screwed up. I left the probe in it during a winter storm and that let water/ice travel into the port and now that one doesn't work any more. Check it against a reliable source. Either another thermometer that you know is accurate or try Andy's method. Simmering water and ice water.

I'm pretty sure you can only use the iGrill probes on the unit. I tried 4 different probes and the only ones that work on my iGrill2 are the ones made for the unit.

Sams Club did have a sale on iGrill2 but I don't know if it still is. 79.00 with 4 probes. Might be worth checking.

Mine appears to read correctly in air up to about 250 deg. and then starts to read considerably hotter than actual. I haven't cross checked it directly, but it seems way off at 275 and above. Meat temps are spot on.

I have a mini and the 2. I have found for the money you spend you get a pretty decent readings. Only problems I have had is when it picks up my wife's Bluetooth phone over mine. (We are both pitmasters and use the same temp gauges interchangeable).

Back