Saturday pork butts (Pron)

MikeR

is Blowin Smoke!
Ran to Retaraunt Depot with my bro (TimzCardz) yesterday and picked up a couple butts for some company I had coming over. First time doing butts on my own and I was satisfied with the outcome. Here are the pics. Oh- and after reading another post yesterday I remembered to throw a Fattie in.

DSCF2923.jpg

DSCF2924.jpg

DSCF2930.jpg

DSCF2938.jpg

DSCF2940.jpg

DSCF2931.jpg

DSCF2932.jpg

DSCF2933.jpg

DSCF2942.jpg

I would normally put the jalepenos in the middle with the cheddar but this time I decided to mix them with the sausage.
Everything came out perfect- neighbors brought over some potato caserole and another brought over fresh cod cakes. Both were unreal.

Nice looking food. Btw I noticed your water pan is unfoiled. Do clean the pan or just not worry about it? I usually foil and cleanup is much easier. Vince

Nice looking food. Btw I noticed your water pan is unfoiled. Do clean the pan or just not worry about it? I usually foil and cleanup is much easier. Vince

I clean it but I think I'll try the foil next time.

Everything looks great! Nice job for you first solo butt!

Foiling the water pan helps a lot with cleanup!

I use a pressure washer to clean out my pit. Works great but this time of year does not work as well as I tend to get more water on me than I care too.

Foil works best but if you forget or what ever take it to a car wash and pressure wash the baby

Nice! Mustard and Yardbird. That will always get ya where ya need to go.

That Fatty looks quite excellent also. Never tried the Japs IN the sausage before!

You get extra points for rotating the bacon weave!

Back