"Served with Chili!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Nov. 6th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Served With Chili!"

12-FF32-F2-2408-4944-A863-8-ADF6007-B426.jpg

This was sudsandswine's tied entry in the 2021 "Served with Chili" Throwdown

As chosen by LYU370 for winning the "Nachos" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

LYU370 said:
Since Adams has everyone talking about chili, let's do a "Served with Chili" Throwdown! Chili dogs, chili burgers, enchiladas, burritos, frito pie, you get the idea. Red or green chili, your choice! Standard Throwdown Rules apply. (The chili needs to contain grilled/smoked ingredients OR the other ingredients in your entry need to be grilled/smoked OR BOTH!)

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/20 through Monday 11/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 11/6.

Click here to read the rules BEFORE entering BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Dunno. My chili has beans and doesn't really make a good condiment for chili dogs etc. As a main dish it's served with cornbread. As a side it can go with anything - not sure what would make a good entry that showcases the chili.

Dunno. My chili has beans and doesn't really make a good condiment for chili dogs etc. As a main dish it's served with cornbread. As a side it can go with anything - not sure what would make a good entry that showcases the chili.
Guess it depends if you have a grilled/smoked chili ingredient or the other component is grilled/smoked. Chili cheese fries, loaded baked potato, loaded sweet potato, potato skins, tortilla chips, nachos, tacos. Chili cheeseburger, smother chicken/steak/pork burrito/enchilada, smothered pork chops...

Last edited:
Guess it depends if you have a grilled/smoked chili ingredient or the other component is grilled/smoked. Chili cheese fries, loaded baked potato, loaded sweet potato, potato skins, tortilla chips, nachos, tacos. Chili cheeseburger, smother chicken/steak/pork burrito/enchilada, smothered pork chops...

giphy.gif

Thanks. Now I have no ideas left to work with :cool:

There’s a chili competition I’m considering entering next weekend, sounds like a fairly big deal. I’ll probably try a recipe this week but don’t think it’ll work for me to enter this TD!

Back