THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As a guy with a small new BBQ channel, I look up to guys like you in the same way you look up to guys like Harry. So thanks for not forgetting about a time when you were a new channel, and for giving back and helping guys like me. I greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that, Justin.

Thanks man. It’s my pleasure.

Justin, thanks for posting the great videos on here. I always learn something from them and they are entertaining to boot.

Great video! I got a WSM about a month ago. The plan is to do my first brisket on it this weekend. I certainly like the hot and fast method but I don't have a BBQ Guru or anything like that. Would it be possible to load the WSM up and just leave all vents open for the duration of the cook? I haven't cooked on it long enough to even know what temp I could expect to reach doing it that way. Thanks in advance.

Great video! I got a WSM about a month ago. The plan is to do my first brisket on it this weekend. I certainly like the hot and fast method but I don't have a BBQ Guru or anything like that. Would it be possible to load the WSM up and just leave all vents open for the duration of the cook? I haven't cooked on it long enough to even know what temp I could expect to reach doing it that way. Thanks in advance.

I think you can. Mine gets up to around 425 without a water pan this time a year. Alot of it depends on how hot it is out. Using lump of Kingsford professional would help. Even if it's 350, you are fine. Just take a few minutes longer. Oh darn. lol.

Back