Pork Cheeks

meinbmw

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions on how to smoke up some pork cheeks. The ones I was given are approx. in the 4-5 ounce each range.

What can you folks offer me for advice on how to prepare them?

This is interesting, something I never would have thought to smoke. Make sure to post an update!

Also, anyone familiar with the price of pork cheeks? I have heard they are awesome but never actually looked into getting some.

Correct ... not the same thing.

I will give it a shot ... maybe smoke at 225 for 2 hours then foil/braise as you suggested?

I just went to lunch the other day (on the vendors dime :-D ) and the swanky place we went had this on the menu:

Pork Cheeks Braised in Hard Cider

Puree of Winter Root Vegetables, Savoy Cabbage, Cipollini Onions
& House Preserved Mustard Seeds 25.

It was so good, I have spent the last three days trying to figure out where I can buy these tasty little suckers to cook myself!...

Most of the recipes I found involved braising, but I would think they would smoke up nicely!

I've got some friends that butcher hogs in the winter months and I have them save some for me (the always end up in the kettle)

Its fine eating but must be cooked for a while, there are lines of connective tissue throughout the meat. Cook it hot and fast= shoe leather(or worse)

I have never smoked them, although its now on my mind. I usually throw them in a slow cooker and cook them all day. Makes great a great taco

Back