We need a Select grade brisket Throw Down

Alrighty Now.... Here is my Official entry into this UnOfficial TD.......

YiKDY2Ml.jpg

8oyQCXZl.jpg

gABMIEhl.jpg

lEJec6Hl.jpg

Ivhlcqll.jpg

iZ9MUB0h.jpg

EeUZHdFh.jpg

Oob4EpSh.jpg

2HhQjJVh.jpg

The trip to wally world yesterday yielded no select briskets, they had a few briskets that were ungraded and almost $3/lb, stopped by the local grocery store, but all they had was choice briskets. It might be harder to find a select brisket than I imagined.:shock:

The trip to wally world yesterday yielded no select briskets, they had a few briskets that were ungraded and almost $3/lb, stopped by the local grocery store, but all they had was choice briskets. It might be harder to find a select brisket than I imagined.:shock:

ya, Occassionally I am Forced to Buy/Cook Choice.....,.

Mine cooked in under 5 hours. I went to wrap at 4.5 and it was jiggling and pretty. My probe is my thermapen. 201 point 205 flat.
It’s wrapped and inside a Walmart camo cooler.

All Walmart All the way. Except Adkins. I Buy that at meat shop. I did add cracked black pepper. Couldn’t help myself.

Invited my 85 year old Mother to help eat it. She’s brutally honest with no mute button. She’s the one while at my table eating her 5th rib that The Rib Crib “has the best ribs I have ever eaten”

Last edited:
Invited my 85 year old Mother to help eat it. She’s brutally honest with no mute button. She’s the one while at my table eating her 5th rib that The Rib Crib “has the best ribs I have ever eaten”

Maybe I should stop by the Denison Rib Crib when I pass by on my occasional road trip to Oklahoma. Always thought it was a cool name and need to live up to it.

Maybe I should stop by the Denison Rib Crib when I pass by on my occasional road trip to Oklahoma. Always thought it was a cool name and need to live up to it.

She’s 85. She needs lots of salt and lots of sugar on her foods.

HEB had Prime briskets on sale last weekend for $2.99 a pound, so I got two for the Super Bowl party at the bar. This weekend, they are selling Select (ungraded) for $1.96, so I got one for this contest. Gonna let them wet age until next weekend and we can do a little side by side comparison.

First Picture - Select on top shelf, two Primes on lower shelf
Second picture - Label
Third picture - Wrapper not showing any grading. Just says "Beef Boeuf".
Lower than select???

Attachments

• IMG_5308.jpg
    IMG_5308.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5309.jpg
    IMG_5309.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5310.jpg
    IMG_5310.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 76
Welcome. ‘‘Tis fun indeed. May need beer today to watch. And Phil Collins/Genesis. Throw down music.

Is that the Canadian Brisket?? I cooked those several times during the great brisket shortage couple years back.

Edit. I see it. Marked Canada. It did make me crave a donut.

Third picture - Wrapper not showing any grading. Just says "Beef Boeuf".
Lower than select???

It's my understanding that ranchers pay to have their meat graded, so if the buyer has a deal directly with the rancher on a set price no matter the grade, they can say some money by not having it graded, it just needs to pass USDA inspection? Needless to say, it's usually a poor grade anyway.

It's my understanding that ranchers pay to have their meat graded, so if the buyer has a deal directly with the rancher on a set price no matter the grade, they can say some money by not having it graded, it just needs to pass USDA inspection? Needless to say, it's usually a poor grade anyway.
Yep, I expect mine and Terry's to totally suck. :heh:
5e18cea673e574b54322e92fa5776388.jpg
1f16e4390e654f4d29193560c101fce9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So did you marinate in liquid smoke like it suggested? :)

So did you marinate in liquid smoke like it suggested? :)
I'd really appreciate it if you would stop giving away my secrets. I thought we were friends?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back