THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
It’s been a while since I last cooked anything let alone posted a cook. Sorry for that but life is just very busy and hectic for us these days. It’s also been a while since I’ve had Tri Tip and it recently went on sale, so I picked up this 3.79 lb. behemoth.

I took it out of the package and trimmed it up a little.

I them minced some fresh Rosemary from my garden.

I rubbed it down with some Worcestershire sauce, then some fresh ground salt, some fresh ground black pepper, some steak seasoning and finally the minced Rosemary.

I wrapped this up in plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 6 hours. I then made up some Tzatziki with I also let rest in the fridge for 6 hours.

Around 4:00 I started prepping the Redhead for the cook. I started by spreading a layer of red oak chunks in the bottom of the Vortex ring.

Around 5:00 I lit up a chimney of lump and poured it over the oak chunks. I place the Tri Tip off to the side and let it slowly come up to an I.T. of 113 degrees.

I then took it off and loosely tented it with foil. I then opened up the vents and let the Vortex go nuclear! (Here a pic without the flash so you can see it)

I then placed the Tri Tip on the CI grate for 3 minutes per side.

I then brought this in and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

While that was happening I sliced up some veggies.

I then sliced the Tri Tip in half along the seam where the grain chances direction.

I then thinly sliced each half across the grain.

OH YUM!

I had purchased some nice Pita bread so I made a Tri Tip Pita sandwich.

Delicious!

Last edited:
Back