Weber kettle mountain

Hinds15

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
BullseyeMetalWerks
Just curious what you guys think of this stacker mod for the kettle?Almost finished with mine just need to seal it up and maybe add a thermometer. Got the idea from a user on Weber kettle club forum. Picture of his for reference.

Last edited:
Interesting. What's the thinking, run a water pan on the grate of the bottom one and have both racks for food above? I'm guessing it won't have quite the control of a WSM but should work.

At full price, not sure you gain anything. At the $35 I paid for my OTG, might be

Pretty much exactly what you said except I don't generally run water just a deflector and something to catch the drippings. Definitely wouldn't pay full price to mangle a kettle lol. I'll be trying it out tomorrow and depending on how it works I may add wsm dampners. Hopefully it's good with the kettle dampner because I don't want to screw up my premium kettle

Yep. Depending on how wide you want to make the hole in the kettle you could get a bigger grate. Once you get to thinking there are a few ways to go about doing this and pretty cheap.

Care to elaborate? I know it's not the most optimal stacker but when you look at the prices of a Cajun bandit and ez stacker it makes it more acceptable.
Looks tippy to me. You could get a barrel for less and make a CB clone.

how is the top one attached and stabilized? not just gonna sit and rest on top is it?

The picture isn't mine it's the guy I got the idea from. It's pretty stable and sturdy to me. Can't just push it over.

I'm already in on trying this one out. Like I said earlier I k ow it's not optimal but I'm sure it will work out.

Will probably be using a 18.5 wsm charcoal grate with expanded metal since the kettle one is so large.

Care to elaborate? I know it's not the most optimal stacker but when you look at the prices of a Cajun bandit and ez stacker it makes it more acceptable.

i was just giving my input not knocking it or saying it won't work.

I am short. Im sure tall guys would like a taller kettle but its good for me. Id need to see it function. How fuel is added, for that matter hows the charcoal basket, difusser, how many grates.??? So many questions, id like to see the inside. Maybe that would make things more clear to me.

Heres my Franken Weber, now retired, just to prove im not against the idea

Oh no issues all input is welcomed :thumb:. I will be shortening the other set of kettle legs about 7 inch's. I'm using a 13.5 wide and 5 inch's high charcoal grate for my charcoal basket. Most likely using 1 or 2 pizza pans for a diffuser wrapped in foil. 2 grates 1 22 grate and 1 18 grate (a lot can be done with the top grate to add more room also). I'll add fuel by taking the the middle and top off together. It's the same way I do it on my mini wsm and the temp drop isn't to bad.

I'll take some detailed pictures tomorrow once I finish. Forgot the expanded metal for the charcoal basket when I stopped by Lowe's.

Back