THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Chris. Do I have to wear a Tin Foil Hat while I mix this up? Does it affect the flavor if I don't?

Do you recommend this rub on chicken without a sauce?
It works just fine on it's own, no sauce necessary. If you would like to use sauce though, that is certainly not a problem. Since making it, the BBQ sauces I have used the most are BigButz BBQ Sauce (any), or Blue's Hog Original mixed with Tennessee Red.

Thanks Chris. Do I have to wear a Tin Foil Hat while I mix this up? Does it affect the flavor if I don't?
:doh::doh::doh:

You should always wear your hat.:roll:

I find the flavor is best when stored in a shaker wrapped with duct tape and hand written in sharpie "FOIL HAT RUB". It works for some reason.

Thank you for posting your rub recipe. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. As someone new to bbq, I really appreciate all the help I can get. I checked out Midnight Smoke's thread and it didn't look like he used any sauce on his chicken. Do you recommend this rub on chicken without a sauce?

Foil Hat is my go-to general purpose rub. If Chris tries to convince you something is better, don't believe him. It does bring out different flavors on different meats. I love it straight up on pork, but will also sauce with it. I've also dressed it with or without Lawry's on steaks. I have not used it on chicken, but I normally marinate or sauce that, and when I use rub, I have some Moose #2 that I use. It also is very nice on grilled salmon (on smoked salmon I have other preferences). I do wonder though why the recipe I have lists chocolate chips as an ingredient. :crazy:

This is a really great thing Chris is doing. He is trading a fortune in cash for a place in the BBQ Hall of Fame.

:doh::doh::doh:

You should always wear your hat.:roll:

I find the flavor is best when stored in a shaker wrapped with duct tape and hand written in sharpie "FOIL HAT RUB". It works for some reason.

Something like this:

IMG_5153.jpg

This sounds great and I love the use of the dulse, an ingredient that I had plans for, but, now can just steal your recipe. Landarc's Overland Fark Foil Hat Rub, all I need is a co-packer.

This is so farkin awesome Chris!
THANKS!!!

I'm gonna make a KILLIN packaging and selling this stuff!!:tape::heh:

Just kidding, (duh).....seriously thanks. A lot of us have been wondering.

^^^Ban bigabyte for sharing trade secrets^^^ Whoops wrong thread! Thanks Chris I can wait to get home and order all of the stuff and start putting it all together.

I have everything on order and i have to admit, there are ingredients that i have never heard of much less tried in some of my rubs. This should be interesting with my wife. I can hear her now" what in the world is that stuff for ?"

Thanks again for the recipe. :thumb::thumb:

I have everything on order and i have to admit, there are ingredients that i have never heard of much less tried in some of my rubs. This should be interesting with my wife. I can hear her now" what in the world is that stuff for ?"

Thanks again for the recipe. :thumb::thumb:

You use rub, on your wife?
Oh, wait....you said with your wife. Nevermind! LOL:p

LOL....I'm new here, but judging by this thread, I'm gonna love this place. Thanks!

Wow, someone that uses as much paprika in a rub as I do. Never thought I would see the day. :becky:

Gonna have to try this soon. Thanks.

Back