Just ordered a pile of rubs from Simply Marvelous...

• Thread starter Shooter McGrillin
  • Start date
S

Shooter McGrillin

I've been reading the various rub recommendations on here and Simply Marvelous and Plowboys seem to get the most props. I just ordered the 5 pack of SM as well as Yardbird and Bovine Bold. I even got the 10% "brethren" discount.

Anyways, really looking forward to trying a bunch of new rubs and kicking my flavors up a notch!

All of the SM rubs are good. My least favorite is the pecan. Just has a weird flavor profile. I've only used it on some pork. It was still good, but not one of my favorites.
The cherry, sweet and spicy and the season all are my favorites. The apple is pretty good too.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

All of the SM rubs are good. My least favorite is the pecan. Just has a weird flavor profile. I've only used it on some pork. It was still good, but not one of my favorites.
The cherry, sweet and spicy and the season all are my favorites. The apple is pretty good too.

The pecan is great with beef. Try it as a seasoning in your meat mixture next time you make meatballs. It's pretty farking phenomenal.

Last year I used SM and Plowboy products on two of my comp meat entries and walked in both of them. Meats that I had not walked in previously. YMMV.

Oh yea you'll like them. I always made my homemade rubs for a long time and was satisfied with them and I'm still satisfied with them but a couple of weeks ago I orderd some Simply Marvelous Cherry rub and some Plowboys Yardbird rub.

Both are so good I find myself sprinkling some in the palm of my hand and licking it up.

I even made some cookies sprinkled with the SM Cherry rub and ate almost all of them.

Thanks for your candor! I am contemplating a slight modification to the pecan rub (more sweetness). We will see, I do like it as is, but I am striving for perfection! :thumb:

I like the pecan and keep a shaker around. But, tastes are different for everyone.

Maybe a little more sweetness would be good. I think I will try it in some meatballs and on some ribs. maybe this weekend if I can find some on sale. BB's are almost $5/lb around here. More than I want to pay. Even spares are in the $3.50-4 range.

Trying some new rubs is always a good thing :thumb:

Also, I have been wanting to post a BOGO on this forum but have not received an approval from the moderators.

Trying some new rubs is always a good thing :thumb:

Also, I have been wanting to post a BOGO on this forum but have not received an approval from the moderators.

Big Rons rubs are good too. They were some of the first rubs I purchased.

I find them to be amazing. Best rub on pork. I will be making some ribs this weekend and will be using spicy apple and blues hog. I think they will turn out just fine :)

I bought the 5 pack and I love all of them! Season all goes really well with poultry. I am doing ribs this weekend and am trying to decide which one to use. I love them and I think you will too.

Back