Carolina/South East bash

A little over 5 hours for me! We'll know more the closer to the date, no way I'll know my work schedule this far out. The Park looks interesting if we can swing it.

Cool Sammy! Love to have you! Hopefully you can make too Lighter Fluid! The wife and I will be camping there Friday through Sunday. It's been a few years since we've been camping so should be fun. I'll be able to do some butts since I'llbe there aall weekend.

I am only three hours away and will try to make it. I have 2 UDS's I can bring.

What "loop" is Covered Area #3 in? I am looking at the map for campsites and want to be within walking distance ;)

Allen

Not 100% sure on the loop. Will look into it in the morning when I get home from work. I'll also find out what campsite we're in. Thanks for the interest.

Just wanted to confirm I'm in (along with my wife), just need to figure out if she wants to "work" on the way up and hook hotels accordingly.

Wifey says we're in campsite T-002 one of the first as you enter the campground. I imagine all sites are within walking distance, but I will double check that in the morning. We go to Hunting Island State Park alot and it's close enough to walk to the store and get ice and not be to bothered by the walk.

Last edited:
I am only three hours away and will try to make it. I have 2 UDS's I can bring.

What "loop" is Covered Area #3 in? I am looking at the map for campsites and want to be within walking distance ;)

Allen

It's at the end of White Oak Road on the map. It appears to have a parking area near it and a restroom close to it. It may be some distance from the parking area, but I will have a heavy duty wagon type thing there so we can get stuff to the site easily. I should be able to get by the park and do some recon and see if it's going to be an issue between now and the bash. If so I will switch the reservation to another area.

I asked them for one easy to get in and out of specifically and the ranger recommend this one to me. It doesn't appear to be any campsites on that road. It is a little hard looking at their maps to tell distance. Awscwi has fishing tournaments there alot maybe he can chime in on the walking distances.

It's at the end of White Oak Road on the map. It appears to have a parking area near it and a restroom close to it. It may be some distance from the parking area, but I will have a heavy duty wagon type thing there so we can get stuff to the site easily. I should be able to get by the park and do some recon and see if it's going to be an issue between now and the bash. If so I will switch the reservation to another area.

I asked them for one easy to get in and out of specifically and the ranger recommend this one to me. It doesn't appear to be any campsites on that road. It is a little hard looking at their maps to tell distance. Awscwi has fishing tournaments there alot maybe he can chime in on the walking distances.

I will get a look this weekend or next...

Back