Weekend cook 11/10-11/12

RichardF said:
White sauce on Q (or anything for that matter), YUCK :)

I thought so too until I tried it. It compliments the chicken very well. You pick up the tangyness of the vinegar more than the mayo, which just rounds out the sauce and tames the acidity of the vinegar.

Butts are holding at 160*. The fatties and other sausages taste great. There are pics on my blog if you can't wait for the main attraction.

That's the way to go Ty. I will have one butt injected and rubbed with Chris Lilly's recipe for tomorrow. Two racks of baby backs to boot. That Lilly's rub is good on the ribs as well.

It snowed this afternoon here in Des Moines. I won't be doing anything for a while. Sucks to be me.

Test run on turkey for Thanksgiving.

This years meats are smoked turkey, prime rib, and fried oysters.

I was hoping to break in my new WSM with a brisket tomorrow night but it looks like it's going to pour rain most of the weekend. Aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh.

SmokeInDaEye said:
I was hoping to break in my new WSM with a brisket tomorrow night but it looks like it's going to pour rain most of the weekend. Aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh.

Got a carport, garage, or canopy?????????

TIM

thillin said:
A little while ago I added the 2 Italian fatties, 2 fresh brats and 2 jollypeno sausages. I found some chopped "wet" brisket from Rudy's in the freezer. So breakfast was brisket and egg tacos.
In progress pics at http://paddlinpigsbbq.wordpress.com/.

Ty

Checked out your website.....very cool!!! Very informative!!!

tommykendall said:
me too. 22 years today.

Happy anniversary to both of you!

I don't have any cooking plans this weekend.

The_Kapn said:
Got a carport, garage, or canopy?????????

TIM

As a matter of fact, yes. I just repaired my big tent a few weeks ago and should really test it out. Thanks Tim. Just needed a kick in the butt.

BTW, can someone with a WSM tell me if the little hole on the lip of the water pan is for anything? Otherwise looks pretty darn easy.

Here's the finished product. I have more photos on my site if this isn't enough.:cool:

Attachments

• 11-10-06 cook 028.jpg
    11-10-06 cook 028.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 110
Looks good, I won't have time to smoke this weekend, I finally got my material to build my garage. So I will be puttin her up the rest of this month.

2 butts, packer brisket, beef ribs and a turkey thawing in the cooler outside since Thursday night. It's 12 farkin degrees right now. I may have to rethink my cunning plan!

Did 3 racks of BB's on the WSM tonight and boy were they good. :p

Attachments

• bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 99
  • bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 101
It's Sunday just after 6am. Overslept an hour but no biggie. Colder than the proverbial witch's tit in a brass bra this morning! Temp said 27 out there! :shock: Got an eleven pound brisket on the WSM at straight up 6am. Flanked each side of it on the rack with turkey fatties rolled in Spicewine's Hen n Hog Dust, a little fresh ground pepper and some Kosher salts and wrapped in bacon. I'm hoping the fatties are done before we leave for church at 10am. Sure could use some good eats beforehand! :wink: Should have some brisket to snack on while watching the Broncos pummel the Raiders!

Pretty sunrise here in town and I've got a nice hot cup of coffee and food is on! Although it looks like a mid day photo of the meat, I actually had my dual halogen "Spicewine Smoker Illuminating Device" shining on the WSM! hehehe!

EDIT: To add to my morning, I decided what the fark and started my first fire in the fireplace of the season! It doesn't get any better.

Attachments

• nice_morning.jpg
    nice_morning.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 92
  • food_on.jpg
    food_on.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I did a turkey, 3 turkey breasts, a fattie, an armadillo egg, some of what I call pit beef, and the 4 quarters of a small deer.

Jeff, how did the turkey fatties come out?

Just got 'em on, Curt. Decided to cook today instead of yesterday.I just added a couple of photos above.

Back