Dylan Taylor BBQ Class - Austin

Same here. I'm really thinking about hitting him up for a sausage class. I've been trying to source something decent for my food trailer and I think doing my own is the way to go long term. You can customize to taste and there's a significant cost savings compared with buying commercially available sausage.

Not to mention the accolade and the swag of making your own hot guts. I remember Daniel Vaughn blasting a bbq trailer for using Eckrich Farms jalapeño cheddar links, even though I find them tasty myself.

Same here. I'm really thinking about hitting him up for a sausage class. I've been trying to source something decent for my food trailer and I think doing my own is the way to go long term. You can customize to taste and there's a significant cost savings compared with buying commercially available sausage.

Those brisket trimming scraps go a long way!

Not to mention the accolade and the swag of making your own hot guts. I remember Daniel Vaughn blasting a bbq trailer for using Eckrich Farms jalapeño cheddar links, even though I find them tasty myself.

That was a place near me called Witt Pitt BBQ he blasted for using store sausage. I thought it was Chappell Hill sausage though. I could be wrong on that.

Not to mention the accolade and the swag of making your own hot guts.

Truth. Plus, I just really like to tweak things, so the idea of making exactly what I want appeals to me.

I tried some of Tejas Chocolate's Chili Relleno sausage a couple of weeks ago and it was insanely good. I'd give my left nut to come up with something that tasty.

Back