Review and 1st Cook on M1 Grill M16 with competition cart

Mlhunter

Got Wood.
I received my M1 Grill M16 with competition cart.

Spending that much money on grill wasn't an easy for me. I have no problem dropping big money on a quality smoker. I guess I think of grills as cheaper less well made product. For 16 years I've been buying gas grills that last a few years.

My kids are keeping us busy so most nights longer cooks on the smoker aren't doable. I kind of decided I needed to start grilling more. I thought I'd drop the money and buy a PK grill. Once I start researching I found out about M Grills and really liked what I was seeing. I love the fact they are made in American.

The quality is unbelievable and everything is so well thought out. My buddy owns a third generation fabrication shop he was blown away with quality. I have used quality smokers from Myron Mixon, Lone Star Grillz, Yoder, and Cookshack honestly M Grills are just as well build if not better.

I consider my skill level with charcoal grilling to be somewhere between clueless to very bad. My father never used I only used charcoal for my smokers or the few times I ruined food on my Weber.

I watched the video Travis posted on his website and for my first cook I turned out te best steak I've never cooked.

Thanks Travis and M Grills....now I want a big model.

Congrats!! Looks like you and Mr. M16 will get along just fine. Killer first cook :)

The M16 is very well built, I'd like to own one. From the design and construction point of view, I really, really like the C4 in stainless. I have a small BGE which fills that gap, and a Smokey Joe for a portable tailgate or camping grill. But the C4 just looks cool.

The M16 is very well built, I'd like to own one. From the design and construction point of view, I really, really like the C4 in stainless. I have a small BGE which fills that gap, and a Smokey Joe for a portable tailgate or camping grill. But the C4 just looks cool.

Would that tailgating be for the Pokes?

Nice! I like the M16 and if I could justify a midsized grill would already have one.

As it is I ended up with the C4 and love it for weekday cooks for just the wife and I - I did learn it can get really hot with lump so uses even less charcoal than I had initially thought.

Nice! I like the M16 and if I could justify a midsized grill would already have one.

As it is I ended up with the C4 and love it for weekday cooks for just the wife and I - I did learn it can get really hot with lump so uses even less charcoal than I had initially thought.

I finally used the insert the other night and used 15 lit coals and it worked great with the grill grates. I used to use a small weber chimney full so the insert does seem to work as advertised.

Back