**** Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2015 Edition!!! - Jan. 24th, 2015

Well this blows, but I need to cancel my RSVP. :( I'll be going to NC to pig up my new hog cooker! See y'all next time, maybe. :D

The cooker will be there the next weekend :-D We're cooler!

You can still send your wife :-D

Still room for more!

We have a slight change in plans... I talked to Jared yesterday and he offered to open the restaurant at 10:30am for us so we have more time to socialize. He has a class scheduled in the Pit Room at 2:00pm so wee need to be out of there in time to let his team set up for the class.

I plan on being there as close to 10:30 as I can.

Here is a Google Map link to the restaurant...

https://goo.gl/maps/Mssgd

Metered parking is available on Western Ave or free street parking may be found on the neighborhood streets.

Please bring cash to make paying easier!

NOTE: Rub's is BYOB, so if you want an adult beverage, please plan accordingly. There is a liquor store across the street :thumb:

Last edited:
Boy, you sure know how to confuse folks over on the farkbook, Ron.

I thought this was pretty clear :-D

Brethren members from anywhere are welcome to join us. Please see the thread linked below for the details. RSVP in the thread please! That is where I am tracking the numbers, so if you don't post there, you aren't counted!

Sorry Ron, I won't be able to come. Wife is working, I'll be spending my day playing kid chauffeur to various activities. I'll be there in spirit.

A note about the liquor store across the street - he doesn't have "regular" hours. He's never open prior to 1130, and on Superbowl Sunday last year he didn't open until 8pm. He keeps really random hours, just wanted to give ya'll a heads up so you plan properly.

If anyone wants coffee, please let me know by tomorrow evening!

$12/bag as usual.

A note about the liquor store across the street - he doesn't have "regular" hours. He's never open prior to 1130, and on Superbowl Sunday last year he didn't open until 8pm. He keeps really random hours, just wanted to give ya'll a heads up so you plan properly.

This is why I always come "prepared." Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to it.

I hate to inform y'all with such short notice, I will not be able to make it, Work informed us last night that we have mandatory OT on Sat.:sad:

Back