International High Plains Shenanigans - w/Pr0n!

Oh, hello PC Willy! Why, yes... I'd love to roll my sausage in your green chile rub!

aLC1VyOh.jpg

Though not up "to temp" per SteveKing's direction, I thought this gal looked like a great candidate for movement from the sauna to the steam bath (aka the pool with all that amazing stuff I cut up and combined earlier).

jIqJGHWh.jpg

Of course... my (phone) alarm went off, reminding me to wrap the ribs for a bit.

Pre-wrap snapshot of the under-side... with some extra marinade added a while ago.

Q2P4e8Ih.jpg

Bollocks... Still no apple juice... BUT, there IS apple sauce... and that'll work OK.

2OGipLch.jpg

Back into the sauna she goes.

wlS22Odh.jpg

That looks incredible, I can almost smell it from here!

There are some really talented cooks on this forum, pretty amazing to see all this great food and the diversity in it.

It's lunch time here.

I'm a glutton for punishment, with some leftover Dragon's Breath pizza from Roosevelt Brewing Co....

Yes, you read that right. Habanero. That's what all those lovely slices of red pepper are (WITH the seeds).

This got hotter overnight. I'm having my own personal summer, and I should've put a roll in the freezer. :shock:

C'mon, ice cream...

You sure know how to pull off shenanigans Marc. Looking great as usual brother.

Sorry... got accosted by the 3 yr old. I kid you not...

Ribs went over like gang busters. No worthy photos.

Barbacoa, on the other hand..

i5OUS61h.jpg

Just gave it a stir, and put it back in the oven with a touch more water for another 30 minutes.

Oh, this is going to be ridiculously good.

Marc I think my Friday would be complete if I could be your volunteer taster That looks amazing That is what you call good eats

Well... "life happened" last night, and I didn't get back around to posting an update.

Had a good haul from the Barbacoa. 3 bags, of about a pound, each!

pdooEaLh.jpg

CINCHOUSE asked for Barbacoa burritos for lunch today. Uhm, yes, please!

She made a little homemade guacamole, and we added some cheese, some fresh cilantro, and some fresh and spicy salsa. Topped off with a squirt of lime juice.

8rTubdoh.jpg

Needed a cold libation to accompany lunch.

P2pmdluh.jpg

Time to move on to dinner prep. It's Sunday... therefore, it's time for wings!

Decided to marinate some bird in Charlie Mills' Eastern NC BBQ Sauce (kinda like Sako in the Treet), then hit 'em with Loot & Booty Gold Star.

3rmHEZLh.jpg

Also hit some with John Henry's Mojave Garlic (destined to become Nando's Hot) and some with a light dusting of S & P (destined to become Garlic Parmesan).

VZHYuM1h.jpg

Enjoying this wonderful sunshine and mild temperatures before we get snow :twitch: on Tuesday.

I know. Just keep this thread going forever. I want to see you do those ribs again and this time get a shot of them before you eat them all!

Back