Hawaiian Plate Lunch

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My daughter is getting married tomorrow so I fed everyone lunch today. I decided to try a Hawaiian plate lunch cook. I made my lazy man's version of huli huli chicken by marinating 8 chicken halves in Mr Yoshida's teriyaki sauce that I doctored with garlic powder and ground ginger. Marinated them over night.

20160407_110645_zpskvdqwrhj.jpg

Grilled them on the Santa Maria.

20160407_115625_zps3ugbwozj.jpg

I also made kalua pork in the crock pot by using NOH Foods brand Kalua seasoning which is Hawaiian red salt with smoke flavor and other spices. Made coconut jasmine rice and my wife made mac salad.

20160407_134329_zpsyxizulbe.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Boy, that looks fun and delicious! Congratulations to the happy couple!

My wife is from Hawaii, and loves the look of the plate. I probably am going to be needing to make something like this soon.

My wife is from Hawaii, and loves the look of the plate. I probably am going to be needing to make something like this soon.

Tell her thanks. There's a very authentic Hawaiian restaurant we frequent in Nampa, ID called Island Kine Grindz that was the inspiration for this. The plate was meant to look like theirs.

Wow I would eat that, thanks for posting.

Pretty Legit! (except for the coconut rice! :p) I'm glad you didn't throw a piece of pineapple and call it a Hawaiian plate lunch!

I think I posted an easy oven method for Kalua Pig...
I'm hungry now!

Back