The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

Might want to ask the budget first. It's not like they have an economy model...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, just got finished looking at the MAK. None are in my budget and if I'm getting rid of the Traeger, it's going to be for a larger model. The MAK I like is $6K! :twitch: If money was no object, I'd go for it.

We like to host large parties and while the Lil Tex was great at cooking, surface area was always a problem. I want something large that can get hot and stay hot, year round. :grin:

Tony.

Yeah, just got finished looking at the MAK. None are in my budget and if I'm getting rid of the Traeger, it's going to be for a larger model. The MAK I like is $6K! :twitch: If money was no object, I'd go for it.

We like to host large parties and while the Lil Tex was great at cooking, surface area was always a problem. I want something large that can get hot and stay hot, year round. :grin:

Tony.

Check out the Rec Tec Bull. Lots of room and a good price. I almost bought one but went with MAK in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony.

Check out the Assassin 36”. They are also working on a 48” model.
Love my 36”

If you are cooking things that require little headroom, you might look at the YS640 or the Blazin Grillz. Both sell a 3 tier shelf systems, to add more room.

He was thinking about getting a Jim Bowie which isn’t huge so many options come up. The price range is the first thing we need to set.

If your budget is around the same price as a Jim Bowie at 640 sq in, I vote spend a bit more and get a rec Tec bull at 700 sq in. It’s a better built smoker and controller.

If your budget is around the same price as a Jim Bowie at 640 sq in, I vote spend a bit more and get a rec Tec bull at 700 sq in. It’s a better built smoker and controller.

Or the Rec Tec Stampede

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m just seeing posts about Yoder 1500 and Mak 3 star pop up that are way overkill. Many options around the size of a Jim Bowie though.

Ah I see. I was looking at mine on the back porch and was thinking it was pretty big! :grin: Two briskets in there look lost. I'm pretty sure I could fit 6 shoulders in there with no trouble...but I do see you point on the Mak 3 and the 1500.

Alas, no love for Cookshack. The PG1000 is just finishing up an overnight brisket cook:

duD7HRnh.jpg

Back