Ok PBC crew you can thank me later! Yes i didn't need rebar and could have just hung them on the barrel but i figured y'all need a rebar visual.:-D

Spun some Johnsonville Sweet Italian over a hot maple fire.

How much corn ya figure will hang around a 55 gallon drum?

Last edited:
atomic buffalo turd

I also like SBT's w/ sweet peppers...sweet buffalo turds

Lol.....I'm embarrassed! I was distracted when I typed angry thinking about Angry Orchard ....lol. :icon_blush:

Yes Atomic Buffalo Turd. Thanks for the correction Keith :becky:

Well fellas the classic model PBC is SOLD!

New shiny porcelain coated model will be ordered tonight! :becky::mrgreen::biggrin1:

Any flat skewer should work to hang ABTs (you need the contact area to keep the foods from slipping as opposed to slim, round skewers). I bought a set of Steve Raichlen skewers.

what are the best round ones or flat ones you've found for hanging stability?

Makes sense on the surface area.

Guys you gotta hang some corn on the cob! OMG!.... that's all I know. Maybe it's the same as grill grate but you can sure save some space!

If you need more hooks i found the good rod to make 6 for around $2.50

what are the best round ones or flat ones you've found for hanging stability?

Makes sense on the surface area.

The ones I think would be best would be flat stock with a spiral bend. This would hold best against gravity. A tater would hold well on any skewer when raw, but as it cooked it would lose the interior density and would slide down into the fire. I have seen flat, spiral skewers but only custom made or antiques. I would love to have some myself.

I have made stainless clamps for my flat skewers to combat this, but they are extra work.

I have made stainless clamps for my flat skewers to combat this, but they are extra work.

What do you think of these? Good amount for a fair price

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/SDBING-Stainless-Steel-Wire-Clips/dp/B00LEKBXQK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432944155&sr=8-2&keywords=stainless+steel+clip"]SDBING Set of 20 Stainless Steel Wire Clips - - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ou2wLJSzL.@@AMEPARAM@@51ou2wLJSzL[/ame]

Those might work. A cheaper and better route for round skewers might be alligator clips from the electrical section of your local hardware store. A good sized one would clamp very well.

Those might work. A cheaper and better route for round skewers might be alligator clips from the electrical section of your local hardware store. A good sized one would clamp very well.

Ah alligator clips is a good call! Those will hold onto any metal skewer

I like the clip idea......I was out this morning lookind at skewers and found some called Fire Wire at Menards.....bought a couple and was looking for a way to hang them in my PBC when it gets here.....i think these will work good.....so i can put the loop on the bottom to keep food on......
I will also be trying to make it to Chicago ......Only about an hour away.....
By the way....Thank You for the Welcome...

I like the clip idea......I was out this morning lookind at skewers and found some called Fire Wire at Menards.....bought a couple and was looking for a way to hang them in my PBC when it gets here.....i think these will work good.....so i can put the loop on the bottom to keep food on......
I will also be trying to make it to Chicago ......Only about an hour away.....
By the way....Thank You for the Welcome...
Glad to hear you might be able to come to the Bash. Feel free to post a note to the bash thread that you are hoping to make it.

I see 2 inch alligator clips at my local Ace. Do you all think that size would work? [Not asking for guarantees--obviously.]

I also see 7/8 inch corks at Lowes. Those also would tolerate high heat.

Pat, here is how Ill explain it. To me it's really close

WSM- you can replicate the best BBQ Joint you've ever experienced

PBC- you can replicate the best Brazilian Steak House you've experienced infused with that WSM excellent smoked taste.

Similarly different. My tastes prefer the PBC. I love to smoke but prefer the taste of grilled. I probably grill 9 to 1. The PBC gives me the time to smoke with a taste that's pretty close to grilled.

Ambiguous-? Possibly. Honest- hell yes

After reading thread after thread about this cooker, I'm almost convinced...almost.:decision:
I look at it this way, the same thing as the wsm uds discussions that have been going on forever and a day. If you can build it, make it do what you want with the functionality you want then do that but if you want a simple affordable version (sexy) go the PB.

Me personally have pretty much all vertical cookers so i just simply adapted the hanging thing.

Chicken in a Barrel in Hawaii plus the PB craze made me up my game to add something i couldn't do before. Do i do a lot of hanging...No but it's nice to be able have it in your arsenal for sure.

Pat, here is how Ill explain it. To me it's really close

WSM- you can replicate the best BBQ Joint you've ever experienced

PBC- you can replicate the best Brazilian Steak House you've experienced infused with that WSM excellent smoked taste.

Similarly different. My tastes prefer the PBC. I love to smoke but prefer the taste of grilled. I probably grill 9 to 1. The PBC gives me the time to smoke with a taste that's pretty close to grilled.

Ambiguous-? Possibly. Honest- hell yes

Another nice thing about going with the PBC is you are supporting a US small business owned by an Iraqi war vet and his wife. If you are/were in the military you can order a PBC with a logo of your branch of service, with proceeds going to Folds of Honor.

After reading thread after thread about this cooker, I'm almost convinced...almost.:decision:

I convinced a co-worker to buy one. He received it a little over a week ago and had his first cook the day before Memorial Day. He cooked a brisket flat (yes for his first cook!) and baby back ribs. His wife make the comment they were the best ribs and brisket she's ever had.
This weekend he did two whole chickens, two baby back ribs and several sausages. He loves the PBC and was telling me he probably wont use his brand new gasser much anymore, saying he will let the wife use it. He thanked me several times for giving him the advice on the PBC. He was even bragging at work about how I gave him great advice and he will save a ton of money never going out for great BBQ again!

This is a guy who NEVER smoked meat before. Imagine what someone who already has the skills can do.....Oh wait, just look up Patio Daddio and see what he's done with a couple PBCs!! :becky:

Get one, you will NOT regret it!

Back