Something just doesn't look right though. ......maybe it's the ND on the cooker?
All I know is it was dang good! Could be better than the PB since it had more exhaust? :shock: :icon_smile_tongue: lol

I updated when i pulled them off. I figure this setup could easily do 5 quarters and taters...or equivalent. Heck i could do 1/2's on this sucker, 1/2 chimney of mixed old new bricks...isn't too bad to hold 350 and could have went hotter.

Made a nice bacon pizza on the PBC tonight. Used the California Pizza Dough recipe.

IMG_20150527_172926203_zps24m4o2jt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150527_171248954_zpsqo7sglpp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150527_173248595_zpszk49rlfe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150527_172037896_zpswofkejtu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150527_180920244_zpsm89uayfd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150527_180956575_zpsawvsj4de.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150527_181514974_zpslxcvpaod.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Does look good!
Thanks...surprised me a little lol so I posted a regular thread.

This was an experiment for the BP drum too because the grate is kinda low to hang... Now I know all ya gotta do is lay the rebar over the top and it get's great exhaust ...holds heat perfect.

Looks good Bob! Hey have you ever made pizza in your kettle? I was wondering which you liked best if you had?

Thanks. I have made it in the kettle but since the grate sits so much higher above the coals with the PBC, I don't have to worry about the bottom burning before the cheese and toppings cook sufficiently.

All I know is it was dang good! Could be better than the PB since it had more exhaust? :shock: :icon_smile_tongue: lol

I updated when i pulled them off. I figure this setup could easily do 5 quarters and taters...or equivalent. Heck i could do 1/2's on this sucker, 1/2 chimney of mixed old new bricks...isn't too bad to hold 350 and could have went hotter.

Looks great except for the peas.Never learned how to like them.

After careful consideration of the well-reasoned arguments by Bob and Andrew about why the PBC is such a great cooker, I have decided to buy two PBCs and sell all of my other units. In fact I think my other smokers are so inferior to the PBC that I may just give them away if I can find any takers. Thanks guys for helping me see the light.

Welcome to the PBC club.:clap2: If I didn't know better I would think someone else had edited the above quote. But I am sure that no one would do such a thing.:roll:

Welcome to the PBC club.:clap2: If I didn't know better I would think someone else had edited the above quote. But I am sure that no one would do such a thing.:roll:

Huh, I do believe someone must have slipped a mickey or something in my drink because I don't remember ever saying, typing or posting anything like that!

Good thing I'm sober and came to my senses because I love my cookers and wouldn't trade them! :heh: LOL

Huh, I do believe someone must have slipped a mickey or something in my drink because I don't remember ever saying, typing or posting anything like that!

Good thing I'm sober and came to my senses because I love my cookers and wouldn't trade them! :heh: LOL

Oh well, stuff happens!

Questions for you PBC owners:

1. Do any of you use wood chunks for more smoke flavor in this cooker?

2. Do most of you exclusively use KBB?

3. Is there still a coupon code available?

I use wood chunks but not big ones. I do not use kbb because I don't like it. I use Stubbs. There is no coupon code that I know of anymore.

If I were you I'd use kbb at first and no wood. I would follow the videos on youtube. If you do that you will probably put out a great product. Then you can learn to adjust. I recommended a PBC to a co-worker. His first cook was baby back ribs and a brisket flat. I advised him to watch and follow the videos and he did. He had never smoked anything before this past weekend. He and his wife loved the end product. He's already got chicken planned for this weekend. .....

Hope this helps....you can't go wrong with a PBC!

1. I don't use chunks. For me personally, using lump or Stubbs briqs gives me an excellent smoke flavor already.

2. I have never burnt KBB in my PBC. Most of the time I use lump only or 80% lump 20% Stubbs. Time to time I use all Stubbs briqs .

3. No coupon available to the best of my knowledge

My two cents: I sometimes use a couple of pieces of apple wood chunks. Not sure it adds much to the flavor. I only use KBB as I have never had a problem with it and I stock up during the holiday sales. I saw a question about discounts on PBC Facebook page the other day. Noah indicated they would not being doing that in the future. I know he offered a discount a couple of years back to increase sales but his problem these days is keeping up with demand. If you decide to get the PBC I am sure you will love it.

Back