Upgraded UDS...first cook

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Redid my UDS, tried it out with "MEAT" this time. Works great, still need to work on temp. control:rolleyes: ...but 10lbs Rancher lasted over 18 hrs.
Smoked a Picnic Roast, Pork Butt, Italian sausages. I'm STUFFED, ready for bed!:mrgreen: Pork butt stayed at 185* foiled and wouldn't budge! :shock: Weird... cranked up the heat, and nutt'in! Did the fork and bone test, and it was like butta! The Picnic was a little dryer than the Butt.
Ribs were great, my best ever, thanks for all the input! I didn't foil until I took them off the heat! First time smokin Italian sausages, and man they were great! Heres some pics, hope you enjoy! Summers over,(school starts) so that means I'm back to work! :cry: :sad:
Oh yeah, tried Montgomerys sauce for the first time, I like it!
a little tangy and zip. A different kind of taste...

Attachments

• IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 144
Whats that white stuff? Gotta give my moms rice a try.
From previous thread:
Had a great time. Finally got to meet Mrs. Mista. Neil brought ribs and I studied his technique. As for the rice it is a recipe my mom learned in the Philippines where I was born. The original recipe is a fried rice here is the ingredients for hers.

2 cups rice cooked
1lb. bacon cooked and chopped
1 bell pepper diced
5 or so diced green onions
4 eggs
1 whole garlic minced
soy sauce

Add bell pepper, garlic, onion, and saute in a little of bacon grease. Not too long or peppers get mushy. Add eggs, bacon and stir to scramble eggs. Add some soy sauce and rice. cook and stir as adding soy sauce to taste. I like more soy in mine.

I never watched my mom make it but learned from my sister. I put a twist on it as I began doing Q. When i fire up my smoker I cook the bacon in heavy smoke. Instead of bell peppers I started using 6-8 cored japs. This came to me because I always buy extra when cookin ABT's.

Pat, here in Hawaii that "white stuff" is our Potatoes! :p Its the sticky kind!, not that "sanfrancisco treat!" stuff!:p It falls thru your fork!
That recipe sure sounds good though, addind it to my "to do" list...

Had a freind who moved from Hawaii when I was in Jr. High. Always ate at their house. Rice cooker always on, stick to your rib stuff. They always brought back these doughy white things with pork inside. Man were they good. Used to mimmick him when he talked Pigeon. Used to tell me no plate lunch for you.

Another great looking cook there bro!!! The rib looks really good. I did BBs this weekend and swore I was going to take pics just for you... did I... NO!!!!

Nice lookin' cook there Keale, you are becoming quite the BBQ chef :biggrin:

Intensity Levels

Roy, that's GOOD LOOKING FOOD!!!! Great job man!!!!
And I'm a big fan of rice......

Had a freind who moved from Hawaii when I was in Jr. High. Always ate at their house. Rice cooker always on, stick to your rib stuff. They always brought back these doughy white things with pork inside. Man were they good. Used to mimmick him when he talked Pigeon. Used to tell me no plate lunch for you.

Pat that "white, doughy" things are called "MANAPUA" Its a chinese dim sum, but I believe it evoloved into a "local" dish

Thanks guys for the comments... very satisfied w/ this cook...

GATOR...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: !!:-D
how were the ribs?

Upgraded UDS

What kind of top do you have on your uds, my webber will not fit.

Thanks,
lizzydog

Back