Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
IMG_0326.jpg

what is in there

IMG_0325-Copy.jpg

I think it is USDA choice ribeyes

IMG_0328.jpg

yes they are medium rare. My brother who is a retired partner with Price Waterhouse asked me if I was going to time the cook and I said no!!! I was going to take them off when they were ready!!!! He was skeptical since he is a perfectionist I was thinking HMMM. I must say he said "you suprised me they were perfect. Ha us country boys can cook also

IMG_0360.jpg

The next night we had hushpuppies, fried bass from our lake at the farm cole slaw and new potatoes. The hushpuppies consistted of jalepano peppers, onion,egg,diced tomatoes,cornmeal, pepper, a tad of garlic, and buttermilk. everyone loved it

IMG_0362.jpg

there's those fish

IMG_0364.jpg

that is the whole shooting match

IMG_0245.jpg

We smoke bacon too just started this year and can not make enough of it, smoked with pecan and cured with morton tenderquick

IMG_0110.jpg

Ribs on this end chuckies on the other end. Never had cooked chuckies before people around here just do not do it. I learned to cook them on this site. THANKS!!!!!!! Ribs were rubbed down with three beers rub I found at a flea market and it was great.

DSC01455.jpg

That is TQ and Tyler the gate is for us!!!!!!!

Nice job on all fronts!

Hushpuppies and bass would look good on my plate 'bout now.

I see some sweet tea too. Some good ole southern cooking... sure looks good. The pit and gate look mighty fine too.

Mark M
so you know all about that stuff all the way out in cali, that is good to know

Oh yeah. I'm turning my little SoCal wife into a southerner. She makes grits and other southern delicacies as good as my Mom back in Georgia. Unfortunately, she doesn't like sweet tea so I have to get my fill at McDonalds - a little sweeter than I prefer but it's better than nothing at all. Keep up the great pit build work and I really like the pride you have in your son Tyler. Awesome.

Mark M
I married a girl from cleveland Ohio,but she has turned into a full fledege country girl. She will turn a deer a flip @ 200yrds w/ her 7MM-08. Catch fish like it is going out of style, cook cornbread,plant green fields,ride a zero turn lawn mower Eat collard greens and most of all put up with me and love my son like he is her own. What else on earth could a man ask for. I have been Truuuuly blessed

Wow...not sure what I'd hit first, everything looks wonderful! The fried bass is calling me right now. lol
Great that you have your own pond too.. :thumb:

Yea cowgirl it is really nice to know hey what I am eating I played a part in raising, you can kinda manage things and keep it in balance. The land where our lake is has been in my family for well over a hundred years,a lot of places aroung there was burned in the civil war but our place survived and we love it. It has a lot of history

Nice shop! A bit jealous! :mmph:

Great looking food though! Bacon is off the chart.

Cheers

Yea cowgirl it is really nice to know hey what I am eating I played a part in raising, you can kinda manage things and keep it in balance. The land where our lake is has been in my family for well over a hundred years,a lot of places aroung there was burned in the civil war but our place survived and we love it. It has a lot of history

Sounds like you have a little slice of heaven Tuscaloosa...sounds really nice. :thumb:

Back