Over The Weekend

smokainmuskoka

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It's been a while since I hauled the UDS out of the garage for a cook. I've been using the 22.5" OTS in the colder weather(and also discovered the delights of BBQ meatloaf).

I decided to use the UDS this weekend - some wings on Saturday, and a bone-in pork shoulder, some beans and ABTs on Sunday.

The wings were given an EVOO coating, then dusted with equal parts grd. pepper, garlic salt and oregano(+ pinch of powdered jalapeno).

The shoulder got a light mustard slather, then some Stubb's Spicy Pork Rub, and ground pepper. Stubbs's regular sauce and some home made all-purpose rub added after pulling. The beans were a lg can of Heinz Baked Beans w molasses, that I put 1/2 a chopped onion, 1 chopped jalapeno and 1 tbls of chili powder in.

Thanks for looking.

Matt

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 135
  • shoulder.jpg
    shoulder.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 135
  • pulled.jpg
    pulled.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 135
  • ABTs.jpg
    ABTs.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 135
  • plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 135
Cheers, Bro peeps(?!), and thanks for the suggestions to help release the boredom.

One weird(though not unbelievable) thing about Sunday's cook - after I shook out the ash from the firebasket from the cook the day before and refilled with lump and a couple of oak chunks, I put the basket back in the UDS while the chimney was getting my starter coals(KF Comp) going. I turned back toward the UDS and there were wisps of smoke coming out. I put the 1/2 chimney in anyway and the cook went fine, but I'll be mindful of that experience when the snow melts and there's more surrounding objects to ignite.

Last edited:
I think someone reported their cooker still having a little heat after a couple of days. It was a wsm if I remember correctly. Just another reason to keep them elevated even when we think they are shut down.

Back