LSG Fire management basket

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just uploaded a video about the Fire Management Basket from Lone Star Grillz if you guys want to see it in action. Cooked some ribs that turned out great...though I don't think that had anything to do with the basket. The LSG always does a great job with ribs. lol.

It's a really cool piece of kit.

This was a fun video. My wife even agreed to be a part of it. (rare)

https://youtu.be/IbEWisOnaSs

Thanks!
A few weeks ago BBQ Freak posted a question about that fire basket on here.
Not to hi-jack, just a smaller version. For those interested.
After seeing it, I thought I'd throw a small one together out of scrap meat I have laying around. To fit my narrow cabinet. To see if it does make a difference. It worked better than I thought it would.
I should probably make a nice one. But this one, though ugly works great as is.

Attachments

• wood basket (2).jpg
    wood basket (2).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 674
  • wood basket (1).jpg
    wood basket (1).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 674
I built something like that a long time ago.

Mine was built from a grate for a hammer mill. It was bent into a radius take followed the radius of the firebox. It didn't allow for space to pre-warm though.

They work great.

Just a quick thank you for what you do. I very much enjoy your channel.
Mrs. BBM is a good sport as well.

Anyone that owns one from LSG, what is the height from top to bottom? I can't seem to get an answer anywhere and it's not listed on their website. My firebox door is not the full height of the firebox, like I wish it was....Anyway I have a 10" opening so I am wondering if this will even fit in my rig....any help will be greatly appreciated!

Anyone that owns one from LSG, what is the height from top to bottom? I can't seem to get an answer anywhere and it's not listed on their website. My firebox door is not the full height of the firebox, like I wish it was....Anyway I have a 10" opening so I am wondering if this will even fit in my rig....any help will be greatly appreciated!

From what I can tell it's about 7" tall. I don't want to post the vid from another YTuber since this is Justin's thread but J.P.BBQ has a video with measurements.

Looks like I need one for my massive LSG vertical offset. :clap2:

Oh and JPBBQ is using the 24 inch series verson so the 20 inch series should be around 4 to 5" tall. I think the 20 series should suit you well from what you're describing.

I just bought one.

Would've bought from Kosmos if he was selling them, but I can't find that he is.

But speaking of ............. I will have a decision about how to place this in the FB of my Old Country Brazos. LSG FB has a flat bottom, I have a round bottom.

Right now, I have fire bricks lining the bottom of the FB. Do I set this on the bricks or take out the bricks and put it on the bottom of the FB ?

Or do i put the original Old Country grate back in the FB and set the LSG basket on it ?

Or do I use a grate I made from expanded metal, and put it on that ?

I'll have to play around this to find what's best.

Back