Weber lid rescued from the garbage

Fishin4bass723

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Joe
A friend found a 22.5 green lid in the garbage and knew I was looking for one for my UDS. Its green and the drum is black not sure which I am going to paint or maybe find a common theme with green and black

The Packers have green and black colors (note the BBQ reference), so do the Eagles.

The porcelain finish on a Weber lid is superior to paint. If it isn't damaged, I would find a way to keep it green.

Very nice score in either case.

I was gonna offer a solution till the bears fan deal came up. on a serious note though I have tried this 2 ways. first drum I used the drum lid. second drum i bent the lid lip out with pliers. this was not good for me. the creosote just runs off the lip and down the side of the drum. next one i got a strip of aluminum and riveted it to the inside of the drum standing about a half inch above the bead. this seems much better.

If it was me...(I am the artsy fartsy type), I would find a green paint that matches that lid, and spray a big green Army looking star on the black barrel. I would make the decal out of Contact paper so you get the clean and crisp edge on it. Might even consider naming the UDS and hit the name with some army stencil lettering in that same green. It would look tough, but that's just me. :) I'm not the K.I.S.S. type.

Leave the lid green. paint the barrel to match. Then buy a British Racing Green Thermapen.

BAM!!! You be stylin' fo' sho'!!!

Back