Duke City Shenanigans - Korean BBQ w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This past week has been ridiculous. Split-family ops finally come to a head, then a close.

The movers had a task-master of a supervisor:

red6vNrl.jpg

KftOzxDm.jpg

A trip to the base commissary lead me to the meat section, where I found beef ribs cut flanken style... thick, too... like 1/4 inch! To me, that means time for Korean BBQ!

A trip to the Talin Market netted flavored soju (I haven't seen this in years!) - I grabbed some grapefruit and some "fresh."

6EyxFBwl.jpg

Yj2rST0l.jpg

zZp1jdMl.jpg

Pan-fried / steamed vegetable dumplings, cabbage kimchi, daikon radish kimchi, and (my brother-in-law's) cole slaw :)roll: :crazy:) rounded out the plate.

u39ttLjl.jpg

Plenty of leftover ribs... think they'll make their way into some ramen (munchkin, once again, requested noodles for lunch).

Thin blue, cooler temps (it's bloody 104F+ here!), and kind regards to you all.

So many great places to eat in that part of the world, and y’all cooking like that not a reason to visit a dang one. Unless you’re coaching.

Looks great
That smile is killer

Marc, with a daughter that cute, you're gonna have your hands full!!
Them ribs, and that plate, looks Amazing!!!:thumb::thumb:

That's looking a little like a "yeah I'll have some slaw" amount of cole slaw! :laugh:
Great looking grub, Marc, and I'm loving the menu and execution as always! :clap2:
I know you've heard it a million times - but those young years really do go by so fast - enjoy them to the max!

Looks like you are. :thumb:

Marc, with a daughter that cute, you're gonna have your hands full!!

Brother, she's 4 going on 27. It's the Sass of a 27 year old woman in the body of a 4 year old. I kid you not. :roll: -- Love her to death, but she's killing me...

Grapefruit soju :sick:

Rough time with soju, eh? I wanted to whip up some White Dogs, but couldn't find the yogurt and "Korean Cider" drink to go with the "fresh" soju. Boo.

Your galbi and kkakdugi looks awesome. Hope you enjoyed!

Brother, I can't take any credit for anything but the ribs, to be honest. I was thrilled to find the daikon kimchi at the local multi-ethnicity market.... (no kidding ... everything from Jamaica, Indian, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Cajun... ). I'd love some cucumber kimchi even more... perhaps some kimchi'd beansprouts! - It wasn't Songtan, but it was tasty!

That's looking a little like a "yeah I'll have some slaw" amount of cole slaw! :laugh:

That's exactly what it was, Greg. Busted! -- I'll just wave some of this cole slaw over the plate... dagnabbit, some fell onto there...

- Leftover Galbi/Kalbi ribs, semi-minced... cubed very small... really work well with ramen. Just saying. Munchkin crushed a whole portion when I augmented the noodles with beef Better Than Boullion, soy, and rice vinegar.

That little girls has such a pretty little smile.
What a little cutie.

Food looking pretty dang good also.

Back