Ned help

pstoric

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
So I have a bacon-wrapped pork loin stuffed with hot Italian sausage and I haven’t made something yet like it on the Pitboss. Where should I put the probes, what temp should I set my Pitboss to, and what temp should I pull it? I know the sausage needs an IT of 160 but the pork loin should be 145. Maybe pull it off at 150?

https://imgur.com/undefined

I can only speak for pork tenderloin. I run 250 for about an hour and pull at 145 with 1 15 min tented rest. Not sure if I would want to take a chance of underdone sausage. The sausage I imagine would keep the loin moist at the higher temp. Maybe pull at 155 with a 5 degree carry over

You should probably cook to the IT of the sausage! I think the fat from the other two meats will help from drying out the loin?

You should probably cook to the IT of the sausage! I have never done that before but that would be safer. Maybe cook 275° or 300° until you hit an IT of 158 or 9?

Can you partially cook cook the sausage before stuffing.

When I make a swineapple, I partially cook the hollow pineapple to deactivate the enzymes, and partially cook the pork to prevent any remaining enzymes from denaturing the pork before the cooking process begins.

So it’s not Ned help you want?

0c6fafd7764c67e66420c0c8980195f7.jpg

Darn, I can’t help after all.

Good luck with your cook, I’d bet on sausage helping to keep tenderloin moist and would cook it to 160F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, it came out perfect. I cooked it a 225 for about 3 hours. Pulled it at 147 and let it rest in the oven. It went up to 153. Was amazing

Back