Your wood pile

Think this is a good location for wood? This side will get plenty of sun. The wall is facing the north side so the east-west sun rotation will pass over the pile all day long.

Does the "50 feet" rule still apply if it's already sitting on concrete? My slab is 10'x25' so at most it can be 6' away from the bricks.

6a9379217dbacd56f376cefb140f5738.jpg

Definitely can tell which ones are the pecan.. they look gnarly.

Clockwise from the top... Pecan, cherry, post oak, peach, mesquite.

ebbd002952e5db310923d9ac367a5845.jpg

Think this is a good location for wood? This side will get plenty of sun. The wall is facing the north side so the east-west sun rotation will pass over the pile all day long.

Does the "50 feet" rule still apply if it's already sitting on concrete? My slab is 10'x25' so at most it can be 6' away from the bricks.

6a9379217dbacd56f376cefb140f5738.jpg

I tried it close to house and the spiders came out in force. That and a mouse found in garage gave the wife heebie jeeebies to move my pile. However, it was my opening to get my woodhaven log rack which I love

Well damn, now you tell me. I guess I should have put those wire mesh in the weeping holes before blocking them off.

Well damn, now you tell me. I guess I should have put those wire mesh in the weeping holes before blocking them off.

I did the same thing with skids on the side of my garage. The skids didnt have enough airflow and rotted. Not to mention the spiders. Holy hell. And the snakes.......but mine was on gravel

I have about a foot gap from the wood pile and my brick wall. Found a bunny when I pulled the table away. Better than a mouse I guess.

Wood Pile

My wood pile getting to pick up some Black Cherry and Cherry. Going to fill up my Corrola trunk.
DanB

Last edited:
Back