Your Favorite Seasoning Salt?

I like Hy's Seasoning Salt, get from Costco here in Canada. Hy's is a famous High End Old School Steak House up here in Canada, and is distrubed by Clubhouse. Can also get a non MSG Seasoning Salt as well.

Ingredients SALT, SPICES (CONTAINS CHILI PEPPER, MUSTARD), MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, DEHYDRATED GARLIC AND ONION, CALCIUM SILICATE.

I'm a fan of Big Poppa's Little Louie's Seasoned salt with garlic and black pepper. Also love Steph's SM Season All. Both are mighty tasty!

When I think of off the shelf seasoning salts, I think of stuff you can buy at most any store in most any part of the country. In that way, I like Cavender's Greek Seasoning, Old Bay, and McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning.

I don't use season salt alot but may start trying it on birds. I keep lawrys and Cookies on hand. Cookies rocks.

Tony Chachere's. There is one with a blue lid that was carried in stores up here but they quit carrying it. I now order it by the case online.

EDIT: Spices and herbs is the 1 with the blue lid

Last edited:
Lawrys with cracked pepper has become my all - around seasoning. It also will make a decent rub if you add some sugar garlic powder and red pepper flake.

Everything mentioned above has been my "favorite" at one to or another so I'll mention a few more favorites.....

I loves me some Cavenders Greek seasoning and I must mention Tajin' for their lime and chili snap!

Hands down it's SM Season All for the Czervik household... We have Lawrys and Johnny's on hand but it's only used when we are out of SM.

Back