THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Well, Thanks to Meat Burner...I did my first Turkey! Overall impressions? I need more practice, thats for sure...skin was chewy.:redface: and I definitely burned the legs!:icon_blush:
I overcooked a little, Breast temp. was about 175*, thats what you get when you try to build a fence and cook at the same time...:-D But you know what? It wasn't dry at all, very moist, the taste was great!
I didn't brine, but I injected the night before, with a marinade made of Chicken broth, butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, sage, s & p. So very moist!
I wipped up a ten minute stuffing, sauteed onions, celery in olive oil, sage, garlic, and s & P, and added the turkey drippings. Did a few yams and mashed potatoes also!
Oh yeah made some pan gravy w/ the drippings and chicken broth...made a roux.
Yeah I was stuffed! and yeah it was early, but oh soooooo gooooood.
Pics. 1. Bird after one hour Breast side down
2. After 3 hours
3. Stuffing
4. Gravy
5. Turkey
6. My Plate!!

Sorry about the pics...still haven't learned to work my camera!!:mad2:

That sounds great Roy. I've got a large Turkey and a large ham in the fridge. The temptation to start early is very tempting.

I volunteer to come over and spent as long a necessary to teach you how to operate your camera!

Please send first class airline tickets for me and Parsley Lady :-D

Aloha. Way to go Roy! Now you are ready for the actual cook brother. Sounds like you are really close to having it down. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

I am thinking that there is an MRI in your neck of the woods that may require some work in the VERY near future if you keep cooking like this...........plus - my camera works so I can share pron.

Back