Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Yardley 6/6 - 6/7

talked to Tom Christine earlier today, and we'll be there to judge,,,, gonna be around saturday to visit,,then judge the big event on sunday,,, looking forward to it.

got this today=
Hey Barbeque Competitors

We are less then two weeks away from the BBQ on the Farm and I can't wait. Let me go over everything with you;

You can come in anytime Friday before 6 pm. Between 6pm and 10 pm the event will be going on. If you want to come in between these times, you need to park, come in and get me. I will see if we can sneak you in. If not, you will have to wait till after the crowd leaves. They are doing a beer fest on Friday night and are expecting a lot of people, so we need to work around them.

We will be having a cooks meeting on Friday at 5:30 for the Iron Chef competitors.This is when you will be getting your three main ingredients [meat,vegetable,and starch]. You will then have till 9 pm to make your entre'. You can add anything you wish as long as you use the three ingredients that you are given. You will need six servings and you can plate it anyway you like. Any team wishing to enter can still do so, just contact me as soon as possible, so I have enough.

Saturday: check in and meat inspections will start at 7 am for both KCBS and Backyard. We will have four people doing this, so it should go quickly. I will need judges for the backyard contest. If you are avaliable and want to judge, let me know when you get there and I will sign you up. We will be having a mandatory cooks meeting at 5 pm for the KCBS teams.

Since the dessert catagory was so much fun last year, we decided to do it again. This year there will be a little twist. Since it is also a strawberry festival, the farm will be giving every contestant a quart of strawberries to use in your dessert. So put on your thinking caps and let's see what you can come up with. Like the iron chef, you can plate it up any way you like. Just remember, if you use a container that you want back, you will need to come back after the judges are finished to retrieve your container.

Sunday morning breakfast sponsored by MABA will be at Smoken Dudes site from 7am till 9am. The coffee is being sponsored by Starbucks
The KCBS catagories are the normal schedule; Chicken 12:00 Ribs 12:30 Pork 1:00 Brisket 1:30

There is a $6.00 entry fee for adults and a $3.00 for kids and kids under three are free. Each team will be given a limit amount of wrist bands for the team members and their families to enter.

The farm is really trying to make this a premere contest and I think they are doing a great job; This year alone they have put in a petting zoo and gem mine for the kids.Also the kids can take a wagon ride to the strawberry patch where they can pick berries. They also have the pig races and a beer fest Not bad for the second year .The entertainment this year is outstanding. I think you will enjoy it.

As always if you see or think of anything that we might add to this contest to make it better, just contact me and we will discuss it .See you all next week

Tom Christine

SLEDcAST

friday, Jun 6

06.gif

High: 84 °F RealFeel®: 84 °F
Mostly cloud

Friday Night, Jun 6
36.gif

Low: 59 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Partly cloudy

Saturday, Jun 7
06.gif

High: 83 °F RealFeel®: 81 °F
Rather cloudy

Saturday Night, Jun 7
18.gif

Low: 64 °F RealFeel®: 65 °F
Rainy

Sunday, Jun 8
18.gif

High: 69 °F RealFeel®: 69 °F
Cooler with rain

Sunday Night, Jun 8
18.gif

Low: 52 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Rain

SLEDcAST

friday, Jun 6

06.gif

High: 84 °F RealFeel®: 84 °F
Mostly cloudFriday Night, Jun 6
36.gif

Low: 59 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Partly cloudy

Saturday, Jun 7
06.gif

High: 83 °F RealFeel®: 81 °F
Rather cloudy

Saturday Night, Jun 7
18.gif

Low: 64 °F RealFeel®: 65 °F
Rainy

Sunday, Jun 8
18.gif

High: 69 °F RealFeel®: 69 °F
Cooler with rain

Sunday Night, Jun 8
18.gif

Low: 52 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Rain

UGH! what did you do or who did you tick off...lol

Hmmmmmm I was a bit skeptical so i went to another source. My first source is usually much better but maybe this brings some hope

Fri
Jun 6
34.gif

Mostly Sunny

80°

Sat
Jun 7

32.gif

Sunny

83°
64°

Sun
Jun 8

30.gif

Partly Cloudy

82°
61°

20%

.tdBarChart table.tdBarChartTop td p {font-size:13px;}

You gotta stop posting the forecast, Sled. You're gonna bring bad juju.
It's too early for a reliable forecast anyway.

We'll be in Yardley. Getting there on Saturday morning. See you all there

Donna & Brian
Lazy River Barbecue
Franklinville, NJ

Friday, Jun 6
02.gif

High: 76 °F RealFeel®: 76 °F
Mostly sunny

Friday Night, Jun 6
34.gif

Low: 59 °F RealFeel®: 57 °F
Mainly clear

Saturday, Jun 7
04.gif

High: 79 °F RealFeel®: 78 °F
Intervals of clouds and sunshine

Saturday Night, Jun 7
38.gif

Low: 64 °F RealFeel®: 62 °F
Cloudy most of the time

Sunday, Jun 8
06.gif

High: 87 °F RealFeel®: 85 °F
More clouds than sunshine

Sunday Night, Jun 8
38.gif

Low: 67 °F RealFeel®: 67 °F
Mostly cloudy

buttheadbbq will be makeing rounds saturday. every time i go to a comp i never make time to meet al the people i post with here. so this year i'm making time:icon_cool:icon_clown

I already met him and once was enough:eek::tongue:

Back