THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I may be persuaded if they don't pack us in like cattle, put the potra-chitters a little closer to the cookers and pump them each day, give us decent water and electricity and they make it a Friday-Saturday event.

I agree, Friday, Saturday event would be much better. I was not thrilled when I got home and had to unpack the car, and search through all of the stuff. It makes it tough to get home late evening Sunday and have to go to work on Monday. I at least work nights so I still got a decent amount of sleep, but I am in the minority as far as that goes. We'll see, being more spread out would be nice too.

We definitely like the Sat. - Sun. events better. We have to work on Fridays. It is tough to get home on Sunday evening and unpack, but we just have an area where we unpack everything and throughout the week we put stuff where it needs to go. We probably won't be able to do this one if it is a Friday - Saturday event.

Fridays would be rough for us as well since this is my hubby's busy season, Sat/Sun isn't easy but we do the same dump it in a spot and go through it as the week progresses, about halfway through now...lol

I prefer the Fri- Sat. It means I have to use a vacation day but it gives me Sun to rest and I can get my team to help with the clean up. They did a great time with it this time. Coyuld not have done it without them as I felt wasted

yes a big thank you to those team member who are not on the board, we could not do it with out them! :biggrin:

I know there are several people on my team who don't post, I'm sure other teams are the same way...again thank you to everybody that pitches in tot help:biggrin:

yes a big thank you to those team member who are not on the board, we could not do it with out them! :biggrin:

I know there are several people on my team who don't post, I'm sure other teams are the same way...again thank you to everybody that pitches in tot help:biggrin:

thats about what 15-20 people for you?
lol

Fridays would be rough for us as well since this is my hubby's busy season, Sat/Sun isn't easy but we do the same dump it in a spot and go through it as the week progresses, about halfway through now...lol

You're a lot further than me : )

Thanks for sharing the pics BigBarry !!

No sauce on the chicken and pork ? Also, might want to stop using that silicone brush on the brisket slices... It makes visible streak marks. Also... Looks like you're overtrimming the fat on the brisket fat cap..

Did Oleg enjoy himself at his first contest ?

PS - Did anyone else provide any feedback to Tom Christine per his e-mail request ? I sent a cordial response (not a rant) that noted several issues we experienced as well as several improvement opportunities for future consideration. I have not even received an acknowledgement and it's been over two weeks.

I heard through the grapevine that bbq on the farm won't be next year, from what I heard that Shadybrook farms lost too much money to want to have it again next year.

Barry, thanks for the pics. i was just thinking about that pic of me and my son with sled and muzzle. if you notice the only one with a beer is the boy:roll:

Back