Yardbird & msg

Melt it down in a spoon and... no, I think that's going too far... :heh: Off to the PB?? Yeah..

Would you believe that Kentucky Fried Chicken has more msg than Chinese food... That was the day I didn't care anymore..

If you have a sensitivity, you should be avoiding beer also. Definitely avoid unfiltered microbrews as they should be especially high in MSG. :thumb:

Now I know why I have such a high tolerance for MSG!! I've been building it up for years!! :becky::becky:

I feed MSG to the honey bees that live in my old gasser on the patio. Sometimes the bees like to slather each other with mustard. This allows the bark to stick to hem when I cook them in my galvanized trash can smoker that I carry around in my shopping cart grill...

...laying sideways.

Okay, I see two schools of thought here:

Sideways:

shopping-cart-bbq.jpeg

Straight up:

shopping-cart-grill.jpg

MSG is an awesome flavorant, too bad so many are sensitive to it.
Cheetos, Doritos, Cheddar and Sour cream Ruffles, pork rinds...
And these go great with microbrew!

Okay, I see two schools of thought here:

Sideways:

shopping-cart-bbq.jpeg

Straight up:

shopping-cart-grill.jpg

Ok I think this thread has gone off topic... But I kinda like where its going..

How bout these?

Forgot the self contained school of cart grilling:
iSo-1158867154.jpg

Then there's all these:
Alternate weber stand
collegehumor.474055f3f5460d1fa6901ea66f1fef4a.jpg

The iron skillet
ghetto_grill-98.jpg

This just looks poisonous:
chair-bbq-with-hot-dogs.jpg

And the ever trusty Oven Rack... Had personal experience with this one in particular...
PICT7328.JPG

Sigh... on off the the PB again. :becky:

Cheers

Be advised that also need to steer clear of powdered milk, low fat milk products (1% & 2% milk), cheese (especially Parmesan), hot dogs, baked goods, anything with soy protein, ripe tomatoes, mushrooms, most all fast food places, anywhere french fries are served, Caesar salads, soy sauce, canned food, diet soft drinks, and anything else containing the artificial sweetener Aspartame (ie: chewing gum, children's meds, quick dissolve meds, and chewable vitamins).

All of the above, and many other natural foods, contain glutamate. Just want you know what's out there that could make you sick. Best of luck.

lol, haha. no i understand where some are comming from. im sensitive to alot of foods and MSG is one of them. It tastes great but makes me belly ache! haha

im more sensitive to certain foods than others. haha

highestgrade, I hope you understand everyone is just funnin with ya bro. I have friends alergic to different things, and some have serious reactions to some, like peanuts, certain fruits, etc. Glad you are here bro.

I feed MSG to the honey bees that live in my old gasser on the patio. Sometimes the bees like to slather each other with mustard. This allows the bark to stick to hem when I cook them in my galvanized trash can smoker that I carry around in my shopping cart grill...

LMFAO :laugh:

Ok I think this thread has gone off topic... But I kinda like where its going..

How bout these?

Forgot the self contained school of cart grilling:
iSo-1158867154.jpg

Then there's all these:
Alternate weber stand
collegehumor.474055f3f5460d1fa6901ea66f1fef4a.jpg

The iron skillet
ghetto_grill-98.jpg

This just looks poisonous:
chair-bbq-with-hot-dogs.jpg

And the ever trusty Oven Rack... Had personal experience with this one in particular...
PICT7328.JPG

Sigh... on off the the PB again. :becky:

Cheers

You are killing me!

Phrasty, that is friggin hilarious! Where did you find this stuff? I totally love the shopping cart. That will look great in my UDS!

im sensitive to alot of foods and MSG is one of them. It tastes great but makes me belly ache!

MSG actually has no real taste. It is a naturally occurring chemical that turns on flavor receptors in the brain.

As stated, it is a naturally occurring substance. That is why it's in so many foods that don't list "MSG" as an ingredient...but it's there, and it's a part of our daily lives.

MSG actually has no real taste. It is a naturally occurring chemical that turns on flavor receptors in the brain.
:shocked:
Incorrect.
MSG does have a taste and the receptors are on the tongue, not in the brain.
Perhaps you didn't really mean this?

As stated, it is a naturally occurring substance. That is why it's in so many foods that don't list "MSG" as an ingredient...but it's there, and it's a part of our daily lives.

Like many things it is a question of quantity. There is trace naturally-occurring alcohol in orange juice, but that does not make it equivalent to a vodka screwdriver.

Here's what I love, that even after MSG is removed from my products, a year later people are still including me in discussions about MSG. LOL. And yet, there are hundreds of BBQ products out there with MSG in them that don't get mentioned. Funny!

Dude, that was 2007. The year we introduced it and it won 1st in Hot Rub and 2nd in Mild Rub. Andy used it and won 1st in Chicken. What a great weekend that was.

Chris, I was just about ready to say... I may have some mojo left in that bottle, so bring it by the store this weekend and I'LL take it if you dont want it and replace it with a new MSG free one! :)

Back