THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Wifey said I was "on my own" for dinner. :dancer:

Steak Nachos it is! And there's a spicy TD going on, so why not kill two birds?

A couple weeks ago I smoked my habanero crop. Two full days of smoke at 150 degrees until dry. A couple weeks before that, I did jalapenos. Here they are.

To that I added some dried porcini mushrooms, thought I would try something brother Smoke Dawg showed me...

I ground the peppers and mushrooms in a grinder

I took a TBLS of this new mix, added a TBLS of salt, and a tea of Garlic powder and a tea of onion powder. I generously rubbed some chuck eyes with it.. Yes, I eat this cut a lot. Its less than half the price of ribeye right now, and they have the flavor and texture of the ribeye cap. fantastic meat.

I prepped the rest..

Laid out some fresh tortilla chips and covered them with chipotle cheese. Theres more under those top chips, of course..

More essential personnel.. The Jalapenos are from the garden too.. Pickled about a month ago. I think nachos are just a vehicle for jalapenos..

that sat for an hour or so, and I fired a full chimney of fogo lump. Once it was all glowing red, I seared the steaks right on the chimney, turning every 30 sec or so.. took about 2 minutes to cook the steaks..

Here they are..

Diced it all up

I put the plate of cheese and chips in a 500 degree oven for about 3 minutes. all the cheese melted real nice. then I added steak

Then I added all the goodies and a bunch of roasted habanero salsa I made a couple weeks back.. Then more cheese..

Finally, a chit load of jalapenos. It was a very spicy crop this year...

I kept the jar nearby for when I ran out.. and I did..

This did not suck. Now I need a nap..

It was great, Paul! But it was pretty farkin' hot too. Remember that jalapeño powder I sent you? It was like that x10 + the savory mushroom. Pretty great beef rub. I'm going to def do it again.

yoda-2.jpg

Shazam! Those are farkin' epic!

Steak looks awesome... I'd have a hard time keeping myself from noshing on that while prepping the rest of it!

Please never post something like this again !.. Thank GOD my wife is not on this site ( she lurks over my shoulder) IF she were to see this You would have her knocking your door down ! She Is a spicy nacho fanatic...We live in Phoenix .. I make nachos all the time and Never get enough... But the smoked peppers must just add a level of flavor WE have yet to experience ! And yes jalapenos Cant get enough ... I WILL eventually share this post with her ...
When I can level up !
Well Done ! :thumb::becky::laugh::clap2::clap:

Looks like a plate of nachos that would fit my tastes to a tee. That chuck eye did look just like the texture of a nice ribeye. I also smoked and dried a large harvest of habenaros a few seasons ago and still have a ton left. They go along way. I started removing the seeds before smoking just so I could use more.

Back