THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I made several hooks from metal skewers I had laying around.
This is from yesterday's cook. I hung 3 trimmed spares in my 55 gal UDS. With the coal basket full to the top with lump the bottom of the slabs were just a couple of inches above the coals. Amazingly, the ribs did not burn.......but already I knew that, from some of the PBC testimonials. :)

P1060958_zps7c5ddc1e.jpg

So, did they taste any different?

My guess is not really, but maybe slightly.

If you're referring to the ribs, I thought the smoke flavor was slightly more pronounced by hanging them. But my wife thought that the one that accidentally fell into the coals near the end of the cook tasted the best.

I made several hooks from metal skewers I had laying around.
This is from yesterday's cook. I hung 3 trimmed spares in my 55 gal UDS. With the coal basket full to the top with lump the bottom of the slabs were just a couple of inches above the coals. Amazingly, the ribs did not burn.......but already I knew that, from some of the PBC testimonials. :)

P1060958_zps7c5ddc1e.jpg

That's great, grate and hooks! :clap:

If you take a look here: http://www.smoke-ez.com/

you'll see that the Smoke EZ conversion kit comes with an elevated hanging rack that would be perfect for the 22" WSM. I have one, but haven't tried it out yet. They also have photos on the site of the rack being utilized for ribs, sausage, etc.

All this huballoo about the PBC has stoked my interest in giving it a shot. Unfortunately, the ground is covered with 2 feet of snow.

Eric

you do realize of course that kit is $199 and for $25 more you could have a complete pbc delivered to your house right???
But it would not work at all on top of a kettle, and would be just another thing in the way when it was not needed. The Smoke EZ kit is much more compact for storage.

It makes no sense to spend $200 if you have a wsm which is what the thread is about for the kit you suggest. There are several other cheaper alternatives. I mentioned the Cajun bandit rotisserie that would give additional flexibility to wsm owners plus give you the ability very simply to hang meats for smoking.

Back