Contest Results Wisconsin Dells BBQ Bash

I'd have no qualms about returning to the Dells in 2011. Other than the food we turned in, we had no real problems. It was nice to meet some new Brethren, and I am really happy to see my boys the Freeman Brothers shine.

Matt

My only complaint was the power. Thank God for the guys two spots down from me, or I would have been screwed. This was my first competition so I was a little doe-eyed, but ended up having a lot of fun, and meeting some really cool people. Looking forward to the next one!!!

On a side note, who knows how to modify a Traeger??? LOL

Congrats to all that walked......Ron, you're the man.....Buzz, to me, you will always be one of my BBQ heroes.......

Congrats to all who walked, glad everything seemed to work out for most of you guys at the Dells

Congrats to all who walked and kicked are arses. It was not one of our best showings but at least I think I know what I need to do for the next one. It was great seeing everyone again and finally getting to put some new face with names. The new leaf I turned this year was to stay sober and try not to leave my site to much so I could do a better job. After this showing screw the new leaf I am going back to my old leaf :twisted:.

What kind of stuff did you see, Coz? Maybe because we were stuck in the corner we missed some stuff.

There was some piddly stuff that didnt even register while we were there but the 2 things I walked away that kinda sat wrong with me was the folks parked a team and the man got all set up then went in and was having a drink with some friends and they came in the bar and told him he had to move .Not sure for sure the exact series of events from this point but he didnt get out fast enuff for them so they moved it for him. This was on thursday.
The other thing that really sat bad with me was hearing the owner ( Buffalo Phil) saying the problems with the power was the teams fault for having ungrounded trailers?
I guess that from my little spot in the world its just some corporate people trying to make some money and they dont have the passion for our hobby and the emails ,conversations etc that have passed from the beginning have pretty well proven that to me.

"sorry you are so upset--spend the day hanging in the sunshine with swmbo, enjoy a beautiful Sunday and then remember this is just bbq--you still got to meet some new folks, put names to faces and hang with friends--call if ya want to vent!! " Quote from Buzz

Actually I am good.I did enjoy the day yesterday .I got to spend some time with some great people.Got to meet some wonderfull folks and see a lot of old friends . Phils pastrys were awesome.

I'd like to call bullchit on that one. The problem was his defective turtles. I guess the fact that I got electrocuted twice didn't seem to phase him. I helped the water guy eliminate his major issue. I didn't even get a thank you from him for possibly preventing a major lawsuit against him. b

Good to see everyone. Wish I coulda gotten out more, but not being able to find my ass with both hands kept me pretty busy. I do have to say thanks to Smokin' Scotsmen for hooking me up with parsley that didn't look like crap, which mine did.

Wasn't too happy with my pork and expected a low score there, but I was pretty dissapointed in the other scores, especially brisket which I thought was my best turn-in.

I thought they pulled it off pretty darn well for a first year comp. We'll definately be back for 2011 if they decide to try it again. My guess is that it will involve fewer bands.. Asside from some pretty dissapointing scores, we all had a great time. The family and friends that came by, said that this was their favorite contest so far. It was in a great spot. The ladies went shopping at Tanger and the kids rode the horse's. It was fun for everyone. Really wish I could've gotten around more and talked with more people, but that's what you get when you roll in late and spend all night playing catch up. Met some new friends, saw some old friends and enjoyed all of the conversations. Looking forward to the next one! Pete

We'll definately be back for 2011 if they decide to try it again. My guess is that it will involve fewer bands..

Agree...They had to have taken a major beating on the entertainment end of this baby, can't imagine what the rental was on that tent:shocked:

Rub; said:
Lotta brethren in there, congrats all!!

We had great Brethren representation there. It seemed like every other space was a Brethren team! It was a lot of fun!

Great to see so many Brethren at the Dells and finally put some faces to name. Congrats to BubbaQ, RonL, Joe, the Freemans, Dive and all who walked.

Wanted to say thanks to so many of you who stopped over for our 4 PM toast to Carol Alison and share fond stories of her life in the BBQ family.

'Til the next time..........walt and theresa

My Congratulations to all, That walked and everyone for making this a good event (cooks and organizers) looking forward to next years.

Sorry we didn't make it now! We joined the toast to Carol in spirit here on Saturday.
Looking forward to seeing many of you this weekend!

Oh and Dive, those foil pans you "gifted" to Mrs.Pimp saved our collective arses when it came time to do boxes for turn in. The sugar maple was a nice touch on the ribs too.

Big thank you.

It was great seeing all of the Brethren out there, and I want to congratulate all those who got walks!!!

Well, we managed to come back with all of our toes and fingers in place.

First of all, I would like to thank Tanya for a great job on her first comp. To have 60 teams for a first try is really saying something. About the only issues we had (other than our chicken and brisket) was the fact that we couldn’t get water from anywhere other than one employee with a small buffalo on the back of his cart. This caused a couple of problems; first of all, with most of the teams arriving close to the same time, we all wanted/needed water at the same time. Secondly, they didn’t continue supplying water throughout the night so when we started to run low around 3 am, we had to wait until 7 to get more… The only other real issue I/we had was the 2am quiet time… I think they really need to back it up a bit (Midnight would have been nice). I’m still up in the air about next year, and with Westmont coming up this weekend, I really don’t have time to think about it, but I’m not saying No, just not saying Yes…

Oh and Dive, those foil pans you "gifted" to Mrs.Pimp saved our collective arses when it came time to do boxes for turn in. The sugar maple was a nice touch on the ribs too.

Big thank you.
Not a problem bro! You did a lot better than we did on our first comp! Congrats!!!!

I guess some areas are starved for contests, because I can't imagine a contest like this getting a year 2 in GA...not with all the problems everyone has listed...good grief..

Back