THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes, it will work on your UDS. I talked to a guy out in Des Moines, IA. that he and his buddy use them on theirs. I think there is a pic on the IQ website of the 2 UDS's that are camo'd up that is his. He said they work great.

Ken

It does cost more than I spent on my UDS, but I plan to get one. My drum acts a little different depending on what I'm cooking. One butt or some ribs and its set and forget. Four butts or just lots of anything and I get control issues a few hours into a cook. I plan to get one and use it in conjunction with my Maverick to monitor temps. Here is a review posted a few weeks ago.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99560

Like others have said, why would you need one with a properly built UDS? As an owner, user, builder and seller of drum smokers I see no need for one. But you may get different mileage than I do.

They work great on a UDS. I have one and love it. As I stated before, the UDS does a good job without one. However, there are times when the UDS can have issues. I find when smoking large volumes of butts for instance, the valve requires adjusting around 5 hours into the cooking. The iQue 110 lets me get some sleep with peace of mind. It does a great job at maintaining the temp where I want it.

my uds holds its temps well, but I feel I need to check it every hour or so. thinking this might give me a piece of mind so I can goto bed or a ball game or something.

Back