THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WillisP33

Found some matches.
The wife was at Costco Tuesday and picked up a 19# pork butt :clap2: So I thought that I have a few days off I should probably smoke it. I promissed some friends I would bring some over to their house on Saturday. I owe them because they are giving me about 3000sqft of sod from their back yard (they laid to 2 years ago and now want flower beds).

I have never injected a butt so I thought I would use the Chris Lilly method, although I will probably use my own spices as the rub. Does anyone have any suggestions or things they like to add? I have seen a few that like to add a shot of burbon to the injection. I do have a shot or two of Makers Mark left and I am out of coke:shocked: Just thought I would see what others thought. My rub is 3/4 Williams BBQ seasioning and 1/4 Tony Chachere's.

I plan on starting it this evening/afternoon so we can have it for dinner Friday night. I will be cooking it on my NBBD with Stubs briquetts and apple wood chunks (Its what I have a lot of)

I would love to hear some comments and suggestions. I will take pictures as I go.

Whoa! Are you sure that's not a twin pack with two 9 to 10 pounds butts? Just curious.

I liked the Chris Lilly injections jsut the way it was. You might want to try it without mods first to get a feel for if you like injections and then in the future see what changes to it had on the final results.

If it's one butt it could take a while with that weight. You could make it two, more bark that way.:becky:

I thought that there was 2 in the pack which will be better, I can try the recipe with my rub and modified injection and Chris Lillys rub and injection.

The wife was at Costco Tuesday and picked up a 19# pork butt :clap2: So I thought that I have a few days off I should probably smoke it. I promissed some friends I would bring some over to their house on Saturday. I owe them because they are giving me about 3000sqft of sod from their back yard (they laid to 2 years ago and now want flower beds).

I have never injected a butt so I thought I would use the Chris Lilly method, although I will probably use my own spices as the rub. Does anyone have any suggestions or things they like to add? I have seen a few that like to add a shot of burbon to the injection. I do have a shot or two of Makers Mark left and I am out of coke:shocked: Just thought I would see what others thought. My rub is 3/4 Williams BBQ seasioning and 1/4 Tony Chachere's.

I plan on starting it this evening/afternoon so we can have it for dinner Friday night. I will be cooking it on my NBBD with Stubs briquetts and apple wood chunks (Its what I have a lot of)

I would love to hear some comments and suggestions. I will take pictures as I go.

I wouldn't say that when you're in the company of those not into BBQ... wrong on many levels.:wink:

So....... I mixed up Chris Lillys rub and injection and I mixed up my normal rub. I will try one with my rub and Chris Lilly's injection and one with Chris Lilly's rub and injection. It's raining now so I plan on moving the smoker into the barn and poring the coals to it tonight. If I light it off around 10pm and put the pork on around 11 it will hold the temp until around 6 or 7am. Then I can throw on a fatty for a late breakfest and the butts should be done 5pm and will let them rest for an hour.

Back