THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This evening, on the way home from work, I stopped by a small, local bookstore. I went straight to the cookbook section to see what new items they had in stock. Right there, front and center, Wicked Good Barbeque! Had I known they were going to stock it I wouldn't have ordered it from Amazon. I believe in supporting the local bookstores in my area. Julie

Has anybody tried any of the recipes out of the book yet? Curious to see what were winners and what weren't?

I tried the Wicked Pork recipe this past weekend. I really liked it.
I haven't found any recipes in the book that I haven't liked yet.

I also tried the wicked pulled pork recipe, but wasn't all that happy with it. I really like the rub, and I like the bbq sauce recipe, but I was a little underwhelmed with the end result.

With that being said, there is every reason in the world that the end result was entirely my doing and nothing to do with the actual recipe. I was just hoping that I was going to be completely blown away.

Just ordered my copy. Had a giftcard and this seemed like a great way to spend it!

We smoked up some pork this weekend using the bbq rub and sauces in the book. I added a little bourbon to the sauce for an extra layer of flavor.
Everyone gave it a :thumb:
I have been cooking from Andys book Fearless Chef also. Quite a few good recipes there.
jon

Got my book last night. I read the first 50+ pages last night and flipped through the entire book. This book is an outrageous steal at its Amazon price and I look forward to trying recipes and learning my way through it.

Won mine at the Mid Atlantic BBQ Association Annual meeting!
Personally inscribed by Mr. Hart himself.
On my second reading now, and looking forward to using some of the techniques at my next comp!
Who would have thought "meat glue"!

I ordered this last week as a recommendation from some brethren, It is a great book. Made the wicked pulled pork this weekend, with a few changes, couldn't get some of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce, we mixed 70/30 blues hog , dreamland. Omg it was excellent!!

Going to hopefully cook the competition chicken this weekend as a test run. If this monsoon keeps up maybe it'll wait for another day. Im all for smoking year round but this is record level rain for this month and is bordering on flood levels in the last 48hrs.

Back