THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got the book today. looks great. even more pictures would be better.

dumb question... in the section on wet aging a brisket (pp48/49) it says to get the pack date but i don't see what you use it for?

you use it to know how long to wet age. things can (and do) go south if you aren't careful.
You would add 30 days to the pack date, not the date you decided to go and buy it.

got the book today. looks great. even more pictures would be better.

dumb question... in the section on wet aging a brisket (pp48/49) it says to get the pack date but i don't see what you use it for?

The pack date tells you exactly when that meat hit the cryo. Knowing that, you can figure out how long it's been sealed and aging already so you don't age it to long and it spoils.

you use it to know how long to wet age. things can (and do) go south if you aren't careful.
You would add 30 days to the pack date, not the date you decided to go and buy it.

that's what i thought but the book wasn't clear (or maybe i wasn't clear) so i wanted to make sure i understood and didn't over-age my brisket.

We received ours last week and were fighting over who got to read it first. :boxing:

The book is awesome :clap2: and we've already tried out some of the recipes. Really enjoyed the commentary and photography that went along with everything as well. Also enjoyed the cocktails chapter at the end of the book – :grin: – Genius! Can’t wait to take the class this coming weekend after reading through the book this past week.

that's what i thought but the book wasn't clear (or maybe i wasn't clear) so i wanted to make sure i understood and didn't over-age my brisket.

I just went back and re-read that section to see if the info was missed. It looks like it gives the info you were looking for in the last paragragh on page 48 and into page 49. Just offering that up so you know where to reference it for later use if need be.

Mine just got delivered to our house. Too bad I am at work until 8am, I just might have to make a sneaky detail home. What's that honey? The house is on fire? guess I should go check that out.

Ordered mine through Amazon today. Looking forward to reading it.

Got mine as a V-Day present from my wife. I got a high of 50F forecasted for Saturday, so I should be able to sneak a cook in. Really loving the read so far.

Chris, any recommendation on a first cook out of the book?

I got mine the other day. I thumbed have read the first couple of chapters, and then looked through some of the recipes. Very interesting read, I can definitely see this being a go-to reference for me without a doubt. Also found the foam stuff really interesting. I have a coworker who is into that stuff, so he was geeking out about it when I mentioned it.

Got this yesterday, wish I was closer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wicked Good BBQ Cookbook Release Party

Join us Monday, March 5th at 6:00pm for Andy, Chris and Andrea's cookbook release party! $45 per person includes one Tea Time cocktail (a drink by Jackson Cannon of Eastern Standard) and all of the passed appetizers during the reception followed by a full family style meal and dessert. Books will be available for purchase at the event, and you can get it signed by the authors! Call and make your reservation today!

*price excludes additional beverages, tax and gratuity *Reservations Required *Call 617.266.4600 to make your reservation or click here [mailto:eek:ffice@tremont647.com?] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a great book. Loved the details, the photography and the stories. One of the best, if not the best bbq book I've read. Really seems directed towards us bbq comp cooks. Lots of other great recipes as well!!! Great job.

Back